CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Honda Accord has a solid reputation (so far), with one very significant flaw: uncomfortable seats.

Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight.

The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.

2012 Honda Accord miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Honda Accord:

2012 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Jul 012016

Accord

Allstate claim number: 0419487707 edward dugan allstate Agency 1-630-351-9222 my car damage due to unintended acceleration on my 2012 Honda Accord. The accident happed 7/1/16 at between 12/30 and 1pm. When it happened, I did not have braking on the brake petal or power steering. I did a half circle in my yard to avoid hitting the house or garage. It happened from a stop in the cull-de-sac. It left acceleration tire stripes where it started in the cull-de-sac. In the driveway it marked where I turned. I tried to avoid the garage and then the house by making a semi circle in the yard. I clipped the concrete steps at the front of the house. Ran over 2 sections of a 4 ft. Fence in our yard. Hitting the concrete steps slowed the car so after the fence, the emergency brake stopped the car. The car fix was over $5000, and we had a $150 deductible. Sorry allstate. Car fix at service king 5th ave. In naperville,

- Naperville, IL, USA

Jun 252016

Accord

My TPMS sensors is constantly coming on and off. I took my car to a closest dealer from my work. Dealer was able to verify my complain and changed 3 sensors out of 4. I took a long trip appx. 2000 miles. And started to experience same issues. Sensor has started to come off and on again. So I scheduled appointment with my Honda dealer from whom I got the car. He told me that they were not able to verify complain. So right now I'm frustrated. I used my time to take my car to a dealer and since it's the only car in my household I spent money for transportation. I drive 30 miles to work every day and still experience same issues with TPMS sensor it's coming on and off every time I drive.

- Stamford, CT, USA

Jan 122016

Accord

The tire pressure ms light continuously comes on and stays on. Even after we put air in the tires. It is completely unsafe because we have no idea if it's really low on pressure or if it's just defective.

- Silver Spring, MD, USA

Jan 132016

Accord

I was going straight and the lady she came from parking lut N hit me up.she had stop sing but she didn't stop. Ido have my police report if you guys need to?...updated 08/01/16

- Paterson, NJ, USA

Nov 012015

Accord

The tempered glass sunroof exploded upwards, leaving shards of glass in a pattern like a crown. The temperature was 60 degrees, I was traveling at 65 mph on a lonely stretch of two-lane road with no other cars or people around me. The sound was like a tire blowout. The car is housed in a garage and has 27,000 miles on it. The Honda service manager said something had to have hit it, but he is wrong. Nothing hit it.

- Laramie, WY, USA

Aug 032015

Accord

On 8/03/2015 I was rear ended by another SUV that failed to stop while I was waiting behind a red light. The impact of the accident was severe enough to force my car to hit the other car in front of me and consequently I was taken but the ambulance to the local hospital for further physical examination. I am writing you this because after my release from the hospital I noticed due to the high speed impact the air bag light in my car had been turned on yet the air bag itself never deployed. Therefore I would like to make an official complaint and inquiry about the Honda auto company. I believe I might have skipped very serious physical injuries perhaps by luck yet the fact that the airbag of my Honda never deployed is rey disturbing to me. I would appreciate your help in this matter.

- Delray Beach, FL, USA

Aug 152015

Accord

I pulled up to park at a bike trailhead and as I touched the brake the accelerator went to the floor, lurching the car forward and forcing the left front tire over the railroad tie parking marker. The car high centered and I pressed on the brake pedal but the engine kept racing. I finally got the car in park with engine still racing and shut the car off. When I turned the car on again, it responded normally. I took it to my local dealer and there were no error codes in the car electronic system.

- Owings Mills, MD, USA

Jun 202015

Accord

All four of my door locking actuators have all "failed." The car randomly locks and unlocks on the highway and even though Honda has had a class action lawsuit over these door actuators for the CRV they are not replacing the Honda Accord ones (they will for a small fee of $1500).

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Accord

I was in a parking lot. I made a right turn into a space and took my foot off the accelerator and had it on the brake when the car made a noise and accelerated on its own. I slammed down on the brake and the car stopped.

Apr 302013

Accord

Window on the driver side is wobbling, and causing excessive, annoying noise. It's getting worst with time.

- Bridgewater, NJ, USA