Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2012 Honda Accord has a solid reputation (so far), with one very significant flaw: uncomfortable seats.

Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight.

The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.

2012 Honda Accord suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Honda Accord:

2012 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Jan 142014

On the front of the car, I hear a siren when I press the brakes and it is really annoying that it gives me a headaches.

- Irving, TX, USA

Mar 132015

The contact owns a 2012 Honda Accord. While driving 60 mph, the vehicle started to shake and no warning lights illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician performed an alignment; however, the remedy failed to correct the failure. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer, who stated that the vehicle was operating as designed. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 21,000.

- Atlanta, ID, USA

Aug 012014

Accord 4-cyl

Honda is sending out its cars with the rear wheel camber set to negative 1 to 2 degrees. This causes the tires to wear out on the inside edge and the rear tires do no make proper contact with the road. The front camber is usually set to zero (ie straight up and down for the tires). The smaller contact patch not only wears out the tire edges but makes a safety hazard as the tires wear down and the contact patch decreases. Rotating the tires only makes the problem worse. I requested a wheel alignment at zero miles and again at 6K with the request that the rear tires be set to zero camber. At 30K my tires are worn out only on the inside edge and I am requesting a third wheel alignment which now will cost 600 dollars or more to fix Honda's problem. I believe the camber problem makes the cars susceptible to spinning around in icy weather due to the difference in tire patches. This is worse on an icy road. Honda other than the local dealer will not talk to its customers......

- Cornucopia, WI, USA

Jun 252014

My complaint is about safety negligence, on the corporate site for Honda and I quote states "your safety is our priority?. I took my car to get checked for a knocking noise and was told ball joints recommended to be replaced. I asked if it was safe to drive and was told yes by service advisor. After being charge for apparently tighten rods. Apparently the certified technicians neglect safety of the customer and also have attitudes towards customers was told this when brought car in and I quote ?so you know more than the Honda engineers". the front left wheel of my car came off (where the noise was coming from) after taking it to the dealer and being charged for tighten rods. Now dealer is blaming me for the wheel coming of when I was told that the car was safe to drive. My complaint resolution should be Honda techs/dealer should be held liable for their safety neglect and should repair the damages that have cost me to my vehicle which I have work hard for.

- Houston, TX, USA

Oct 172012

The contact owns a 2012 Honda Accord. The contact stated that while driving approximately 65 mph, the front suspension began vibrating abnormally. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The technician advised that the rotation and alignment of the tires were needed. The vehicle was taken on several occasions to the dealer for the same failure. The contact also stated that on the second occasion of the failure, the technician advised that all four tires needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 50 and the current mileage was 2,000.

- Overland Park , KS, USA

Sep 232012

Accord 6-cyl

From day of purchase brand new, vehicle vibrates (shimmies) at speeds beginning at about 58 mph and upward. The vibration is felt in the steering wheel, and the wheel can be seen visibly vibrating. Passenger can sense the vibration from sitting in the passenger seat. After four attempts to correct the problem, dealer has failed. The dealer performed a wheel balance and replaced the tires. However, the problem continued. Honda acknowledged the vibration existed, but returned the vehicle to the consumer. According to engineer from Honda, a radial force balance was performed on the vehicle and an index of all four tires was done, as well as fine tuned the balance and wheel alignment and adjusted the steering rack pre-load. The engineer stated the vehicle had improved by 90%, as the vibration no longer existed; only road feel. The consumer stated the vibration, is still present and even worse than before. Updated 04/01/13

- New Providence, NJ, USA

Aug 172012

Accord 6-cyl

I purchased a 2012 Honda Accord V6 ex-L in Dec. 2011. I noticed a steering shimmy/vibration and an escalating grinding noise in August 2012. I originally test drove this vehicle thoroughly when I purchased it and never noticed this problem until August 2012. The Honda dealership technician isolated the noise to a failed left front wheel bearing. They replaced the bearing and grinding noise has gone away but continue to have shimmy/vibration at 55 -75 mph and is most noticeable/amplified between 60 - 70 mph. Since then I have taken the vehicle back and Honda technician verified that the tires were balanced correctly. I test drove the vehicle with the technician and he confirmed that there is a vibration/ shimmy of the steering wheel. The Honda dealer technician than drove another vehicle in their lot that was the same year, make and model with 500 miles on it and it did the same thing. He said it could be the road. I said not every road or highway where speed limits are above 55 mph will do this to a vehicle. He said that if more complaints are filed their may be a recall but there was nothing else he could do at this point and if he heard anything in regards to a recall he would let me know. The technician looked at my rims for any curb damage which there is none and I informed him that I haven't hit any curbs. I was going to go back to the Honda dealership to complain about this constant problem but thought I would research on-line to see if there is any other 2012 Honda Accord owners having this problems and there is so I see no needed to make and waited trip to Honda dealership. Since I drive 60 miles round trip to work five days a week this is getting to be very irritating and now the lower part of my arms have developed tingling/numbness sensation after driving for these long periods of times.

- Rowlett, TX, USA

Sep 052012

Accord 6-cyl

The car makes a popping noise when the brakes are pressed or released. The longer the car is driven, the louder the noise. The dealership service told me it was a problem with the ball joints on the 2012 models and could not be repaired at this time. I feel this is a safety issue as well as cause my tires to wear prematurely. The dealership told me I would have to wait until the new parts are available to see if that will fix the problem.

- Butler, GA, USA

Aug 062012

Accord 4-cyl

I noticed noise, wheel vibrations and steering problems. The Honda service department said that I had a bad wheel bearing on the left side and replaced it. After I received the car back from the shop, I noticed the car was pulling to the left, wheel vibrations, loose steering wheel and making noise. The car did not shift between gears properly and fluctuated between rpms randomly (even when at idle). I took it back to the Honda service department. This time they reset the computer in the car and performed idle relearn procedure; adjusted the toe on all four wheels. They also found that the rear rotors were out of round and "machine rear brake rotors" but reused the brake pads. I do not feel safe in this vehicle. I have scheduled another service appointment for 8/28. However, I am still having the idle RPM, shifting problems, wheel vibration issues, steering problems, noise issues as well as several other problems. This manufacture should be forced to issue a recall.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Jul 102012

I am into my first year of leasing this new vehicle. I have brought it to the dealer for repairs 3 times. It has been confirmed by the dealer/shop that the vehicle has a "definite shimmy" shaking of steering wheel at highway speed. ( 60-65 ). they have done all the necessary steps to repair this problem and nothing has worked. I have called Honda mfg and filed a report as well. I was told by the mfg, they would look into this problem. I was also told by a Honda rep. That it may be a "characteristic" of some Accord. I feel as a consumer this would be unsafe to drive. I don not feel safe driving this vehicle. Also, the A/C has been worked on 3 times as well, and still not working properly. Why can't the dealer authorize a replacement when it has been confirmed" why would the dealer even let me leave lot knowing it has a definite problem? shouldn't safety come first for all"

- Mebane, NC, USA

Jun 132012

The vehicle has a shimmy at highway speeds in excess of 50 mph. It doesn't matter what the roads are like as many in my area are brand new, the vehicle is not safe and has a significant vibration at highway speeds. The vehicle will be going back to Honda for the third time and I have had the wheels balanced, front end aligned, and I am now going in for a road force balance. There are many issues reported on line and this is a common problem with these vehicles. Having owned 7 Honda products in the last 16 yrs, this will be my last. One more visit after this and I will be seeking a lemon law claim on the vehicle. This is a huge issue as you can see on the internet. I am in the car business and this is far from within specifications from any vehicle I have ever driven and poses a definite safety issue for many vehicle owners.

- Menomonee Falls, WI, USA

Apr 282012

Accord 6-cyl

2012 Honda Accord. Consumer states vehicle is a lemon the consumer stated since taking delivery of the vehicle, he has returned to the dealer eight times to correct a defect related to a shaking/vibration in the steering wheel which occurred at highway speeds between 60-80 mph. The vehicle was road tested by Honda service repair managers at two different dealerships for a total of over 126 miles and each time it was acknowledged and documented that a vibration in the steering wheel existed. The tires were balanced and rotated several times, but the vibration continued.

- Waltham, MA, USA