2013 Honda Accord brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Honda Accord:

2013 Honda Accord Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jan 032013

Accord 6-cyl

I have the same problem as NHTSA id# 10504663 dated 3/27/13. Front brake squeal- sounds like the wear sensors but in fact I was told by the dealer(bayridge Honda) in brooklyn N.Y. that it is infact the clips that hold the pads in place. I was also told that Honda is aware of this problem and they are waiting for the repair parts to arrive along with the service bulliten. Hope it is soon because for a new car it sounds bad and I wonder just what this rubbing of the clips my be doing to the rotors. So far, no real brake problems except for the squeal. I had a 04 Accord exl V-6 and sometimes I wonder why I traded it in.never had any trouble with it.....

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Mar 122013

Front brakes make a loud screetching noise at any speed. Car was brought to the dealer 5 times. Repaired 5 times according to Honda service bulletin. However the problem only gets worse. Honda states that they are aware of the problem, but currently there is no repair yet available. I was informed that the vehicle has a faulty brake pad retention spring and the brake pads are loose.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Mar 092013

Accord 6-cyl

I just purchased an Accord 2013 exl-V6. The other day I was driving normal on the highway doing around 60mph on the highway, the car in front of me slowed down a bit, so I slightly hit the brakes and they completely locked as if too much force was applied and I lost control of the vehicle almost causing an accident. The car did not allow me to stop braking and seemed like it was it control and not me.

- Springfield, VA, USA

Dec 282012

Came to stop at stop sign. New Honda Accord 2013 4 door suddenly tried to accelerate. I pushed down as hard as I could on the brake to stop the motion forward. It only moved a foot or two and with my wife yelling I was able to get it into neutral. Scared the life out of us. I am 51 and a financial professional. My wife is 52 and a physician. This was completely real.

- New York, NY, USA