7.2

2013 Honda Accord engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Honda Accord:

2013 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Dec 302014

Accord

I purchased my 2013 Honda November of 2013 at rock Honda in fontana, ca. When I first purchased the vehicle it had to be jump started, which I thought was from the car sitting so long & it being so cold.(this should have sent a red flag). After a few months & then the car began to act like it did not want to start. I was then stranded on the freeway. I called Honda care. The first driver came to my car took two minutes tried to start it, said there was something else wrong (as he was rushing & did not have time to look) he asked to use my phone charger, left my hood up (which caused dents in my hood from being on the freeway with strong winds) & left. The second driver came & had to give me a jump start & do something with the gas. I brought my car to the dealer upon getting my oil change, explained the problem, & they said they found nothing. Then my car died again. I called Honda again & they were sending someone out to jump start it but I walked over to the sears next door & they jumped it. Then it happened 2 days in a row. The first day, the Honda care driver had to use two sets of jumper cables to jump my car. The second day the driver had to jump my car again, but this time I recorded it. I then again brought my car to penske Honda in Ontario where I explained to a service technician what happened & I called Honda corporate offices while at the dealership. I told Honda corporate about my hood & how many times I had to call Honda care. They supposedly opened a claim but never called me back & gave me the run around when I called them. The dealership then did my oil change & checked the car out & found nothing. I then goggled the symptoms of my car & found recall with the fuel system which shuts down the battery on this site. I believe rock Honda sold me the vehicle without remedying the recall prior to sale. Honda corporation did nothing.

- Moreno Valley , CA, USA

Aug 232014

Accord 4-cyl

Traveled from baton rouge to dallas with a cold air condition and on the way back home from dallas. Once I got to opelousas no cold air, only heat blowing from the ac. Richards Honda dealership in baton rouge claims that a rock struck my condenser, caused the leak and the road debris is not covered under warranty. My car will be a year old from a new purchase next month, I travel in my car everyday to work and never had a problem with my car in nearly 30K miles, until now. Dealer cost $530. Honda should provide a protector on condensers to keep their reputation regarding a reliable automobile, pay 100% of the fees or at least 75% as Honda should rectify this ongoing problem by offering a protector at no cost to the customers and immediately repairing the condenser at no cost to the customer within their first year of ownership, minimum. It's extremely hot in Louisiana and I need my air condition to work properly while I travel to work and pay my monthly note on time. I expect this ac to last much longer than 11 months and nearly 30,000 miles.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Jul 282014

Accord

Pebble damage to air conditioner condenser causing lose of refrigerant. Air condition system no longer functions.

- Auburn, WA, USA

Feb 132014

Accord

Brought the car in couple months ago because of vibrating problem. Dealer check and said that it was normal. However, it was not normal as I know my car. Now, with the routines check I noted that the oil is leaking between cylinder head and cylinder block where the engine gasket is.

- Houston, TX, USA

Oct 242013

Accord 4-cyl

Turning a corner (right or left) at a slow rate of speed it sounds like the engine will stall. After this the car suddenly surges forward. This happens frequently and presents a potentially dangerous situation.

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Jul 082013

Accord 4-cyl

Air conditioner condenser damaged due to road debris. Vehicle design is poor leaving the condenser unprotected from road debris. Grill opening is large with no screen or mesh in front of the condenser. Repair cost is $786. Honda should include protection of the condenser in its design and perform recall to add protection. Owners who have repaired damage should be compensated the cost of the repair.

- Springfield, VA, USA

Mar 012013

Accord 6-cyl

I have notice after driving my 2013 Honda Accord on or after a rainy day or if the roads are wet a large amount of water saturation appears inside the engine compartment. The water saturation is on almost all engine parts. My concern here is that the moisture will eventually cause damage to the electric component and other vital engine parts. I have owned Honda(s) since 1987 and can attest to the quality of this vehicle and have never seen this type of moisture under any previous Honda(s) owned. I am not sure if there's a fix is in the works for this problem, but I see major problems if a fix is not instituted now. The speed and failure mileage date are estimated when the problem was noticed under hood problem by me.

- Clarksville, TN, USA