2013 Honda Accord lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Honda Accord:

2013 Honda Accord Owner Comments

May 272016

Tpm sensor light failure, it stays

- Round Rock, TX, USA

Jul 292015

Driving through town approximately 30mph and 3 yellow lights came on the dash. The pressure, air tirelight, skid light, and thr power steering per the guide book. My steering remained ok, light stayed on. Picked my sister up, all 3 lights came back on. We switched cars and drove hers. My car was parked in her driveway until 3;00pm I had left it there at 6;00am.. at 3;00 started car, power light came on again, steering still ok, light went off a minute later and has remained off. My husband is working the night shift tonight so he is taking my car, I am too frightened to drive it, seeing all these complaints and accidents about this problem. We will see what happens! why is taking this long for a recall? so dangerous for the driver as well as the others on the road!

- Saratoga Springs , NY, USA

May 132015

During three hour night drive the dash display dimmed to black at interstate speeds. After an hour or so the panel lights came back on. After a few minutes they went out again. The next day during the return drive in daylight panel seemed normal.

- Miamisburg, OH, USA

Nov 012011

Accord 4-cyl

Driving at night is unsafe. Headlights while on low beam light up 3 to 4 feet above street level while on level ground. There is a horizontal line, the lower side of the line is bright the upper side is pitch black. Night vision further ahead of vehicle is non existent as the upper side of line would dictate distance ahead. Forget about seeing ahead of the car for a safe distance. If a person is standing in the road you would only see his waist on down. Dealer has said there have been more complaints.

- Denver, NC, USA

Dec 212013

The contact owns a 2013 Honda Accord. While driving 40 mph, the contact stated that the turn signals failed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection but the failure could not be duplicated. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 7000.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Oct 012013

When the low beam headlights are on they do not shine higher than 3-4 feet high. If a person is standing in front of the car you could not see above their waist. I think it a

- Ellisville, MO, USA

Aug 212013

I was driving when a Honda Accord came toward me from the opposite direction. The daytime running lights were extremely bright and caused temporary blindness when I saw them. It took several minutes for the image of the lights to fade from my vision.

- Redmond, WA, USA

Jul 182013

Accord 4-cyl

I was driving my brand new 2013 Honda Accord in the late afternoon as it started to get dark. This was the first time my wife and I had driven the car at night. I was startled to realize that it seemed that someone had put a blindfold over the top portion of our eyes. We could not see above a clearly defined line. Below the line; light, above the line; total darkness. I had to turn on the high beam lights to illuminate the road adequately ahead, even at low speed. Having to turn off the high beams when encountering on-coming cars was extremely unnerving. The low beam headlights do not illuminate enough to read normal street and information signs nor to see an object, person, or anything that might cross your path. If you turn these lights on in a dark garage you can clearly see this defined line. We called the dealer where we purchased our car and brought the car in after explaining the problem. The service intake manager paged me and told me they found no problem, that the lights were normal for this car. This seemed impossible to us. I asked to speak with a manager and the service director came out to speak with us. He told us he had encountered 7 or 8 other such complaints but all were deemed to be normal for the 2013 Accord! he finally agreed to personally check-out the problem. He gave us a loaner 2013 Accord to drive home. The loaner Accord had the exact same headlight functionality! the next day I called the dealer and was put on the phone with the service intake manager who told me that a technician checked the lights and that they were normal and could not be adjusted. I called Honda America and was told that if the dealer said the lights were normal then there was nothing Honda could or would do. After reiterating that the car was not safe to drive at night, she suggested that I might consider taking it to a different dealer. I will try.

- Villa Rica, GA, USA

Jun 192013

The contact owns a 2013 Honda Accord. The contact stated that the low beam headlights did not work properly. The contact had to use the high beams to see when driving at night. The contact also stated that the stability control activated without warning and engaged the braking system. The vehicle had not been diagnosed by the dealer or a mechanic. The VIN was not available. The failure and current mileages were 4,000.

- Windber, PA, USA