2014 Honda Accord brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Honda Accord:

2014 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Jun 062016

Takata recall:my car was hesitating when accelerating from a stop. I stopped and turned the car off only for about 5 minutes, I got back in, turned the car on and it wouldn't start. I was on a city St, so I walked to auto mechanic shop, got a jump, it started up after 5 to 10 minutes. The next day, the same thing happen. I called Honda, got someone to jump start the car, drove to Honda, left the car for 2 days. Honda called me stating that the battery was good, but the sensors were bad and needed to be replaced. They replaced the sensors, charged me $160. I picked up the car, drove it home, then 2 days later, the car died out again. I called Honda again, they told me to bring the car in. I got the car jumped in order to take it back to Honda. This time, I left the car there for 3 days. They told me this time that the battery was bad and wanted me to pay for a battery. I refused to pay for a battery, sent the manager an email in reference to the findings that they said was wrong with the vehicle because in the begining, they told me that it was nothing wrong with the battery and now I paid for the sensor and the car still cut off. Did I really need the sensors or was it the battery in the first place? they replaced the battery at no charge..

- Hazelcrest, IL, USA

Sep 122016

Air bag deployment system problem. Air bag off warning light sometimes comes on when an adult passenger is seated. This is an intermittant problem. Dealer unable to identify problem on 2 (3 hr) visits. Honda hq reports: Weight to trigger sensor is < 60lbs. Warning light that air bag is turned off may or may not mean that air bag is off and will not deploy. Light must be on when dealer checks as Honda computer does not store any error codes or conditions, advised to wait until light come on then go to dealer. I objected as passenger is at risk of life that the air bag will provide no protection in event of collision. Honda stated policy they will not replace sensor unless it fails in test at dealer ┐ that is, permanently bad, not intermittant. Honda hq agent then asked if there was anything else she/Honda could do. I said yes, replace any sensor that may cause the light to go on, and check light for faulty wiring. Response: We┐re not willing to do that. (Honda hq case # 05056884)

- Vienna, VA, USA

Aug 212015

Flashing dashboard: Fcw, engine light on, stabilizer control light, ABS- all the lights flashing on dash board, unable to start card. Brake pedal very hard. Car was parked on street in front of home. Fifth time this has happened the dealer claims it's the fourth time. Car problem has never been fixed. The dealer blames alarm department. The alarm department claims dealer always blames them. However, I bought the car from the dealer, they are responsible for permanently fixing this problem. The dealership has not fixed this problem since it began in 2015. This falls inside of 18 months lemon law. I am not a mechanic but it seems to me that this is a ongoing electrical problem that the dealership seems not receptive about it.

- Whittier, CA, USA

Jun 052014

If someone push the start, stop button by accident at a speed of 40 mph" will the car shut of? so I tried the test. I stop at the gas station to get some coffee, took my feet off the accelerator and while the car was in drive I push on the start, stop button to see what would happen, and believe it or not the car just shut down causing a small jerk to the car luckily it wasn't my neck. If this happens at a speed of 40, 50, 60 mph what would you think could happen" people getting badly hurt or death. With all the safety futures of the 2014 Honda Accord air bags, back up camera, right turn camera, sensor comes on if you're to close to a car, etc. I am surprised no one had taught about covering the start, stop button which the only way to start or stop the car is to lift up the cover. Please keep me up dated on this safety issues, so I can be more relax when driving my car. I don't want my knees or by accident push the wrong button to change the temp. Of the ac.

- Honolulu , HI, USA