2014 Honda Accord fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Honda Accord:

2014 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Aug 182016

Low miles 2 year old Honda Accord randomly went up in flames after being parked for 30mins at the doctors office. Looks to be a hp fuel pump design problem. This pump was replaced by the dealer under warranty. Thankfully it wasn't parked in my garage.

- Noblesville, IN, USA

Jul 022016

I was pulling in to a parking spot at 2 mph or less, and when I put my foot on the brake to stop, the engine surged and the car lurched forward out of my control, across the concrete barrier, over a walkway and into the wall of a restaurant, where it stalled. I had to restart the car to reverse it away from the crash. Fortunately no-one was hurt although there was considerable damage to the front of the car and the wall of the restaurant. This also happened in March 2014. I was pulling into a parking spot when the engine roared, the car lurched forward, and I crashed across a path and through a wooden fence. The damage then was $10K. The car was taken to the dealership's collision center, which reported only that "no defects in materials or factory workmanship were found." There are at least 11 other reports of this problem from other people in this string, and it is clearly a very dangerous fault in the 2014 Honda Accord which needs to be investigated. There should be a recall before someone is seriously hurt or killed.

- Oberlin, OH, USA

Nov 052015

My 2014 Honda Accord coupe has 33,900+ miles and for the past year, I have had it in to fox Honda in grand rapids four times for the same problem. The problem is, that it stutters often when accelerating and twice, the engine has stalled out and had to be restarted. Fox motors plugs a computer into the car and they tell me that there are no reports of any problems and they can't fix what they can't detect. Two days ago, while driving to the va hospital in battle creek, I pulled out into traffic on anderson rd/street and the car stalled and a fedex semi had to drive onto shoulder and onto a yard to keep from hitting us and if he hadn't, we might have been killed. I took the car into fox motors and they are standing pat, refusing to help us. They did offer to buy the car back from me, but for a terrible price and I asked them what they would do with it and they dealership manager said that they would resell it with confidence and I refused to sell it to them if they were going to resell it with a service certification. How dare them do that! I don't know what to do next.

- Petoskey, MI, USA

Sep 192015

My car surges while driving occasionally and surges while stopped. I was sitting at a stop sign waiting on traffic to pass by and my car surged so hard that it pushed it out a couple inches. I took it to the dealership but they can not find anything wrong. Read other complaints here and my car isn't the only one doing this. I have a 3 year old and no longer feel safe in my car.

- Wewahitchka, FL, USA

Nov 062014

Engine cranks but fails to start, or starts sluggishly with rough idle after a few seconds of cranking in cold weather. I believe this to be a fuel pump pressure problem.

- Reading, PA, USA

Jul 162014

Similar to NHTSA complaints #10619205, #10607907, #10655300, #10630708, and #10628501. Driving my vehicle on interstate, going approximately 70 mph. The vehicle came to a large incline and began accelerating, and all of a sudden, the entire vehicle shuddered violently and lost all acceleration, and the malfunction indicator lamp came on and was blinking. It felt like the vehicle had shifted out of gear, and it could not get back in gear. After over 10 minutes, I restarted the vehicle, and the light did not come back on. Although I could feel that pushing on the gas pedal did not feel the same, and it felt as if the vehicle was hesitating and struggling to switch gears up and accelerate. On 8/29/2014, again on the interstate, while again in cruise control (eco boost was not active), going approximately 70 mph, accelerating up a large incline, the vehicle again, all of a sudden, shuddered violently and lost all acceleration, and the malfunction indicator lamp came on and was blinking. It felt like the vehicle had shifted out of gear, and it could not get back in gear. Approximately 70 miles later, without cruise control, going approximately 65 mph, accelerating up a large incline, the vehicle again, all of a sudden, shuddered violently and lost all acceleration. The malfunction indicator lamp came on and was blinking and the dashboard lit up with a message stating "fcw system failed." The fcw indicator light was lit on my dashboard, as well as the ldw light, the low tire pressure light, the electric power steering (eps) system indicator, and the vehicle stability assist (vsa) system indicator. It felt like the vehicle had shifted out of gear and it could not get back in gear or it could not accelerate. After 3 service calls, Honda's response is only "cannot replicate, so there is no problem." There is obviously a serious problem.

- Roanoke, VA, USA

Dec 022013

My acceleration conditions/problems are identical to NHTSA id #10607907 & several others. Upon acceleration there is a severe hesitation to the point of almost stalling before it accelerates. At 15000 miles it appears to be getting worse. I was also told by a service rep this was computer controlled and not cable controlled as in the past. There definitely needs to be a fix to this as it is extremely dangerous pulling out in traffic.

- Monroe, NC, USA

Oct 012014

From time to time when I press the accelerator, there is no immediate response. It may take another try to get the engine to respond. This mainly occurs when I need rapid acceleration from a stop to quickly get into traffic. I was told that the computer that controls the fly-by-wire accelerator takes time to coordinate with the computer that controls the cvt transmission. I have a safety concern with this.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Mar 192014

The car is not getting the advertised gas mileage. I am only getting 21 to 22 mpg which stink. The car backs up when in park also. Please look into this please. The bottom under the car is not finished off. One other thing is that the backup camera is not very clear and you cannot see properly and have to get out of your car to check all the time. The back end is up too high.

- Plano, TX, USA