9.7

2014 Honda Accord lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Honda Accord:

2014 Honda Accord Owner Comments

May 212015

Accord

I just noticed two hairline cracks in the clear plastic that covers the front lights. Each one is by the yellow lights. One on each side of the car. As far as I know, nothing has hit the car. There is no other damage.

- Vista, CA, USA

May 062015

Accord

It was around 1:50 pm on May 6 2015, I was driving in the highway I75 N 341 exit going aproximately 70mph when all over sudden a car {minivan or SUV}on front of me hit or ran over a big piece of a car tire that was on the road, I swithed to the right lane but is was to late the big piecec of tire wich it was pretty big hit my car, the left front headlight are, hood and bumped on the windshield then, it when over the car it was a very loud noise. That area in I 75 is always a problems there is always tires and other materials in that area. Not to long ago I was driving and there was a long metal tube on the highway and unfortunatelyother cars and my self went over it.. the tire is a very big problem I think, that highway should be kept clean from all thing for the safety of commuters.

- Ocala Fl , FL, USA

Aug 132014

Accord

At night, when I am utilizing my regular headlights on a dimly light road, my front windshield becomes partly obscured. It is as if either a mesh shade has been pulled about half way down my front windshield or suddenly I have tinting on the upper half of the window. This obscures my vision and I sometimes feel as if I need to try to look under this obscurity to see the distant part of the road. I was told by the salesperson that it may be the result of the type of front headlight now being installed.

- Palmyra, VA, USA

Aug 262014

Accord 4WD

Just purchased my 2014 Honda Accord LX. I live in a rural area with many small hills. While driving home I noticed the low beam headlights seem to be out of Focus, not illuminating objects on the side of the road within 25 feet from the vehicle, nor can you see street signs within that distance. Worse, when going up and down the small hills the roadway visibility changes rapidly depending on the angle of the car, often dropping the visibility to a scary 10-50 feet at 55 mph. Yes, you can use you high beams to help "if conditions permit". nevertheless, when this happens it is very unnerving and undoubtedly unsafe! I did notify Honda America and open a case #N012014-08-2801669, however, I was informed that nothing could be done, as that was the design of the headlights. This is very unsafe and needs to be addressed quickly!!!!

- Apple Valley, CA, USA

Jul 042014

Accord 4-cyl

The headlights on this car are terrible at night. I have perfect vision, uncorrected, and still there is like a straight dark bar across where the top of the headlights reach and nothing is visible above that point. The high beams are a little better but you obviously can't always drive with them on. This is a definite safety issue.

- Springfield, MA, USA

May 052014

Accord 4-cyl

The exterior projector headlights on the 2014 Honda Accord ex-L are very unsafe as you can not see above the brake line. There isn't any ambiance lighting from the front of the car when driving. This makes it very difficult to see any pedestrians, bicyclists, animals or signage that is above or on the sides of that line. I brought it into the dealership and they confirmed the headlights are aimed to their specifications. I brought in video that shows the issue and the service manager agreed that there is a problem but Honda doesn't have a solution. She noticed it on her own car. Also after talking to other 2014 Honda owners they are having the same problem as I am. I just don't know how many would complain. I find this a safety issue which might cause accidents or even deaths and thought it vital to report it. I sent the complaint directly to Honda and they have no plans on fixing it. I feel caught as there isn't anything we as consumers can do to fix it on a brand new car. Please look into this issue because I would hate to read that someone died because of this issue.

- Lakeville, MA, USA

Apr 202014

Accord 4-cyl

First time drove at night 4/20/2014. Headlights are absolutely terrible, unsafe and cannot possibly meet us safety standards. They shine, maybe 50 feet on a flat surface. Much less when going downhill. More when going uphill. Very, very difficult to see street signs, such as bend in road, stop ahead, etc., parked cars, pedestrians and animals. There is actually a defined horizontal line about half way to 2/3 of the way down the windshield with the top part of the windshield being anywhere from completely black to dimly lit depending on ambient lighting.this is makes it very difficult and very unsafe to drive at night. Took car back to dealer on 4/22/2014. They informed us headlights were aimed correctly. The service manager at the dealership also said he has had other complaints, but did not know if Honda was working on a solution.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Feb 192014

Accord 4-cyl

Second day I had the vehicle I was driving at night and had no issues on the highway but turning onto a rural highway with no lights I found that the visibility thru the windshield was relegated to the bottom third. The rest of the windshield appeared dark and almost impossible to see thru. I contacted the dealer and returned the vehicle and was told that what I encountered was normal because Honda uses a look down headlight system, in fact the service manager said his wife only drove with the brites on in dark areas because she could not see thru the windshield. I said this was unacceptable and the service manager said he could try to mitigate the effects by raising the headlight adjustment, but he warned me that at some point the headlights might blind oncoming traffic. He raised the level of the lights and I then inspected the results later that night. I found that I had almost half of the windshield clear and the rest was shaded very dark. I believe that this is a safety defect in this vehicle and I have asked the dealer to make repairs. So far there seems to be no repair available. I drive a lot on these back roads and I hope I will not have an accident because of this defect.

- Wentzville, MO, USA