2015 Honda Accord body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda Accord:

2015 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Oct 132016

Accord

The trunk lid will not stay in the open position when parked on an incline. No issues with lid closing have occurred while parked on level ground. But, when parked on a sloping driveway, trunk lid will drop to the closed position without warning hitting anyone accessing items in the trunk. Incidents of the trunk lid hitting someone in the head or back have occurred. While it has not happened so far, if trunk lid were to fall the entire distance and hit someone's hands, there is the potential for major injury.

- Wylie, TX, USA

Sep 072016

Accord 4-cyl

The trunk on my car automatically opens so I have to pull over and close the trunk. I have noticed that usually this happens when I am leaving my house so I believe there is a defect in the automatic trunk opening feature on this car. I back out of the drive way and after driving for 1/2 a block or 1 block the trunk open light comes on. Then I have to pull over and shut the trunk or the trunk lid will open fully and block my visibility out of my rear window. The vehicle is in motion and on a city street when this happens. I am not sure if starting the car causes this problem or putting the car in gear or automatically unlocking the car doors but there is something in that series of actions that causes the trunk to open. This does not happen every time I leave my house but it happens sporadically. I went online to research this problem and there are customer complaints about this issue on Honda cars so I am not the only one having the problem.

- Chandler, AZ, USA

Jun 272015

Accord

Excessive wind noise coming from windows. Mainly noticed from driver and passenger side windows. More noticeable at higher speeds. No water leaks detected during time of rain or during car wash.

- Irvine, CA, USA

Jan 022015

Accord 4-cyl

After leasing my Honda Accord sport, I took it for a drive on the freeway, after reaching the speed of about 55 miles per hour I started hearing a noise on the passenger side door. First I thought my door or window was not fully closed but that was not the case. It sounds like air is leaking through the door once I get above 55 mph. I rechecked the seals on the doors, everything seems fine but the noise keeps happening. I might need to get the door seals on that side to be replaced. Not sure what to do.

- Crossroads , TX, USA