2015 Honda Accord fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda Accord:

2015 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Apr 122016

Engine misfires at highway speeds with the tachometer surging 1,000 RPM's with each misfire. You cannot maintain your speed and therefore are not able to safely drive on the highway. Took it to a dealer who stated someone else had recently been in with the same problem, but could not recreate the probelm on a test drive. They reset the computer to factory settings, but didn't hear back yet from the owner if it resolved the issue. They didn't reset my car's computer, however. My problem appears to match that of NHTSA id number 10838521.

- St Paul, MN, USA

Jun 152015

When you pressure on the accelerator pedal to power the vehicle (like pulling out into traffic or changing lanes in traffic, the car stalls and put you at risk of getting into an accident. It happens sitting at a traffic light or driving 55 mph and trying to change lanes. Does not matter if the car is warm or cold, but occurs less when cold.

- Olathe, KS, USA

Dec 082015

While driving in stop and go traffic, either on the highway or on residential streets, occasionally, the vehicle will hesitate. This hesitation will last 1-3 seconds and then the vehicle will accelerate as expected. This hesitation can cause a dangerous situation since the vehicle will not move as expected. The vehicle was purchased new, and this has occurred since its purchase. I've taken it to the Honda dealer, but they can not duplicate it since it is an intermittent issue. Their response was to stop using the econ button. I have stopped using this feature, but the issue has persisted, (although it has lessened in occurrences). The issue can occur 1-2 times per week, with the last occurrence on 12/8/15. There is a technical service bulletin on the vehicle 15-036, which may or may not be related, but last time at the dealer, they couldn't find the tsb, so the software update likely has not been made to the vehicle.

- Brecksville, OH, USA

Nov 062015

Intermittently, but always upon acceleration (could be pulling onto the highway from a stopped position, merging/speeding up to get on the highway or pass another vehicle, or starting to move when the light turns green) the car will fall flat with no power. It doesn't stall, just doesn't respond to the gas pedal. Most times, happens in second gear. Releasing the gas pedal and then pressing it again most times resolves the problem. Sometimes, it takes a few tries. This is a very dangerous problem, and I have had many motorists swerve around me or blow the horn at me because I can't get the car moving fast enough. I just spent $30,000 on this new car, and the dealership cannot duplicate the problem so they're sending me on my way with a vehicle that's a potential death trap.

- Oak Ridge, NJ, USA

Sep 092015

While idling down the street, I noticed that the tachometer indicated an RPM of less than 500. I depressed the accelerator to move forward and had no response. The accelerator was then depressed all the way to the floor with still no response. The accelerator was the letup all of the way and depressed again and the engine speeded up as normal. This same problem was experienced in a 2013 Honda that we just traded in for the same problem that existed for the two years that we owned it. This could be a dangerous situation if it occurred in heavy traffic or on a freeway. Honda says that these are the only two vehicles that have ever been reported with this kind of problem. Please enter this as a potentially serious traffic problem.

- Sutherlin, OR, USA

May 042015

The 2015 Honda vehicles have a "green" product that consist of fuel lines and various wiring that has a soy based composition. Rodents are eating the fuel lines and wiring because of the soy based ingredient. I know of numerous vehicles that have leaked gasoline due to the damage caused by rodents. I believe the problem includes numerous vehicle makes. I feel that our new Honda is a time bomb in terms of potential fires. Where can we park our vehicle and know that it is safe from rodents. Please take my comments serious! it appears that Honda America has developed tape to wrap the soy based products in.....they know that they have a problem. My car was repaired this week and the dealership did not wrap the soy based products in the tape"????? will it take someone dying to get this problem corrected"

- Joelton, TN, USA