2015 Honda Accord wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda Accord:

2015 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Jul 092016

On July 9, 2016, we were traveling South bound on interstate I-75 right outside of chattanooga, Tennessee. We had only traveled 4 or 5 miles when we heard a horrendous noise which came from underneath the car. It was all my husband could to maintain control of the car until we got off the interstate. While he was steering it off the shoulder of the road, I saw the remains of the Michelin primacy mxv4 215/55R215 right rear tire go sailing past the car in the middle of the interstate. These tires had 12,619 miles on them when this blow-out occurred. There was no debris on the road. This tire simply exploded!

- Opelika, AL, USA

Apr 232016

I had two tires blow in less then a month. They're Michelin tires. Was told by Honda I ran over something but there was no puncture at all in my tire. It was a perfect blow. The light literally came on a two seconds later while I was driving down the highway it blew. I nearly wrecked and was killed. The second second time I was on the the road maybe a minute and the light came on. Came right home and called Honda. I refused to drive my car down to them bc of what happened last time. I know this is a manufacturing issue and I want my $230 back for the one tire I replaced and all new tires. This is not a safe car right now. Absolutely horrible customer service too. I had a Honda before this car and never had any issues like I'm having now.

- Leola, PA, USA

Mar 042016

I am currently leasing a 2015 Accord. I took my car to wal-mart to have tires rotated and was informed they could not rotate due to my rear tires cupping. I took it to Honda car service and was informed my rear tires were cupping and they didn't know why. My alignment wasn't bad. They told me they could rotate them and balance and do a new alignment. They told me my car would be loud due to putting the cupping tires in front. I have learned other people with high mile Honda Accord 2015 are having same issue where the chamber is off. The only way currently I can get my to stop sounding like a tractor trailer is to buy new tires however with the chamber being off it will continue to happen and the new tires will cup too. I am going to contact Honda again and see what they can do however I heard Honda is not agreeing that camber is off.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Dec 012015

I purchased a new 2015 Honda Accord touring from pat peck Honda on Dec. 1, 2015. The car when test driven vibrated at highway speeds. As the car had been manufactured in April of 2015, I assumed that the tires were a little flat spotted. I was told that the tires were a little bit "out of balance" and the dealer balanced the tires, test drove it and returned it to me as roadworthy. I took the car back 3 times and each time the dealer represented to me that the problem was tire balance and the problem was fixed. They even claimed that the tires were replaced. I am convinced that that is a lie. I took the car to an independent tire dealer this morning and he examined the tires and showed me on his balance machine that the tires are out of round. I am complaining because I do not consider these tires as roadworthy and the dealer is refusing to do anything constructively to fix the problem. The tires are Goodyear assurance fuel max tires manufactured 16/2015

- Diamondhead, MS, USA

Sep 012015

The tires are all permanently damaged due to improper tire wear. Extremely loud road noise reduced handling saftey and stopping properties. The uneven tire wear is being caused by a mechanical issue with the vehicle. One that Honda has failed to own up to. The car is brand new the people from the tire shop said that many new Honda come in there with the same problem

- Woodbridge, VA, USA

Jun 042015

For a week the lights on the dashboard showed that there was a problem with the ABS brakes & traction device flashing and so we took it in to Honda to have them find out why. The first time it was a Sunday afternoon (May 31th) and the fellow said it was a computer glitz and he reset the computer. In less than 1 day the lights appeared again, so we made an appointment for that Wednesday June 3rd to have it looked at; when we got there they said it would take 2-3 hours to check all the codes, etc. We were not told this when we made the appointment, so we did not have the time that day. We asked the man that talked to us (it was mike or doug) would it be dangerous to drive it and he said "no."....just computer problems. So the very next day as I was driving to work in my only 4 month old car and was on this 2 lane road that is by all info can be dangerous. I was in a straight way (which is a blessing) and pressed on the brake to slow down the car and it pulled to the right and the car slammed against a 2 foot asfault curb causing the front right tire to blow and sending my car into oncoming traffic. Thank the lord no cars were coming, but I had a horrible time stopping the car and bringing it into a right lane. Then I had to drive about 1/2 mile to where I could pull over safely (I was driving on the rim). We knew right away that something was wrong with the car, and told this to our insurance when we called in the claim. The lights were still flashing after it was repaired! the auto body man then took the car to Honda to have it checked, and they found out that the wheel-baring on the wheel was put in backwards!! this caused the brakes to fail! they made me take back the same car with no other choice (it is a lease). I just wanted a new car that I was not concerned to drive. Liberty mutual (our company) is going on recovery; they say get a lawyer!

- Warner Springs, CA, USA

Jun 252015

On 6/25/2015 at around 9:15am on the way to take my grandfather to a doctor visit, as my mother was exiting goldenwest on the 22 freeway going westbound, experienced an incident where the right rear tire blew out. There was no construction on the road where sharp objects could have caused this to occur. I have also inspected the tire and found that there is no other damage to the tread of the tire. We believe that this is a tire defect. Photos have been submitted to the tire supplier, Continental tires, as well as Honda customer service through facebook as I could not locate their email address. We have contacted autonation Honda in costa mesa where the vehicle was purchased and was directed to contact the tire supplier directly, which I believe is quite ridiculous that they would not even assist us in handling this issue with the product. My mother has not driven the vehicle since the incident due to the loss of confidence in these tires. She was supposed to visit my grandfather today, who is very very sick with cancer, but she did not since she is afraid that another tire will fail in a similar fashion. We were lucky that it occurred near where she was exiting and on a rear wheel. I can only imagine what could have happened at highway speeds and if it were on one of the front wheels she uses to steer the car.

- Garden Grove, CA, USA