2016 Honda Accord miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Honda Accord:

2016 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Nov 012016

Accord

My tire pressure light comes on constantly. Have taken to Honda several times. Every time they think they fix it. It comes back on. It is really annoying and clearly not working. I should not have to keep going to Honda for a problem they can not fix. Usually takes 50 to 100 miles after taking it in to Honda for light to come back on michael schwartz 4017876037

- Marlborough, MA, USA

Sep 082016

Accord

While driving along interstate my sunroof exploded showering glass on the vehicles behind me and scaring me as the sound was so loud

- Camarillo, CA, USA

Jun 082016

Accord

Honda quality problems. We bought a 2016 Honda Accord in January. After few months the car started to have problems. The car loses acceleration all of a sudden and comes to a low speed (0-5 mph) within seconds. Every time this happened I was driving on the freeway. I took to the dealer many times. First time - the dealer said that he couldn't find anything wrong with the car second time - as per Honda tech, they diagnosed that the chip in the computer is the problem. So they said that the software in the computer needed upgrade (strange.. it is a brand new car. And why is this happening to only one car. It should have been the case with other cars produced at the same time). Third time - as per Honda tech, they replaced the acceleration kit as they thought that is the problem. Fourth time - now they think the wiring is the problem and replaced that. Every time, I drove that car trusting them, I risked my life. I avoided accident 8 times on freeway from being rear ended. I drove into the central ditch on the freeway and injured my shoulder. I am on medication for the past 1+ month. I am worried that I drive this car and am going to die.

- N Chelmsford, MA, USA

Jul 232016

Accord

The rear window is distorted when you look through it. It doesn't matter if it's sunny or raining out it looks all wavy. It also doesn't seem to matter whether the window is tinted or not. I think this is a safety hazard and you cannot see other vehicles clearly while looking through your rearview mirror. I have seen many other complaints so I think this is something hundred needs to address immediately before the accident occurs if it hasn't already.

- Bossier City, LA, USA

Jul 072016

Accord

Tmps notified me that my tire pressure was low. I had tire plugged and I thought repaired. There is no manual way to reset the tmps system. One must drive at speeds 30 to 60 mph at least 30 minutes for the system to recalibrate. I only was driving short distances for not I'm long amount of time so I was unaware that there actually still was a problem with my tire and was driving around with extremely low tire pressure. If I had a manual reset button I would be aware right away. I believe this is a safety hazard any manual reset button should be put on the vehicle.

- Tuscaloosa, AL, USA

Apr 132016

Accord

Hearing loud clank sound when shifting gear moving reverse and then shifting to drive gear to move, several times I asked to Honda dealer sevice and they answer me the loud clicking sound is from shifting delay gear engagement, the sound still remaining.

- Buena Park, CA, USA

Feb 162016

Accord

The adaptive cruise control in my car malfunctions in rain/sleet conditions during winter months. A layer of ice forms over the sensors, and the car suddenly accelerates or maintains velocity without noticing the vehicle in front. It takes a few more miles and minutes till the acc is disabled warning pops up.

- Chester Springs, PA, USA

Apr 072016

Accord

My TPMS light came on. I went and put air in the tires. I recalibrated and the light went off. The light came back on days later. I recalibrated and it was fine for another two days. Today it TPMS came in and said failure. TPMS failure. This car was just purchased.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Mar 012016

Accord

Steering wheel occludes the speedometer. Analog speedometer is in the middle of the dashboard and very large. Depending on the position of the steering wheel you loose at least 25 mph range (either on the low or high end of the spectrum). There is no digital readout which would be a simple fix to this issue as the low center part of the speedometer "ring" is always visible. Also, the driver's seat has a built in arch that does not fit ever body. It is not adjustable and (depending on height) pokes you in the mid-low back and doesn't let the upper back get support or relax into the seat. Result is very tight and spasmed back muscles. This gets worse over time.

- Los Altos, CA, USA

Mar 262016

Accord

The rear window is distorted which prevents a clear and accurate view of all objects behind the vehicle. This distortion affects the entire back window and it causes the objects viewed through the window to be wavy and distorted. Its effects are magnified in wet weather and at night. The distortion prevents the operator from accurately judging the size, speed and distance of the vehicles traveling behind the vehicle. The distortion occurs when the vehicle is moving and stationary. I inspected several similar Accord at the dealer and they had the same distorted rear window. The service manager at the dealer acknolwedged the distortion, but claimed it couldn't be fixed.

- Conroe, TX, USA

Jan 062016

Accord

Lots of vibration when idle with brakes. Vibration felt in my foot and steering wheel. Took to dealership twice and they claim that is how Honda LX drive and other customers made same complaint. Too much vibration for a brand new car. It is not right for them to get away with these kinds of issue. Cannot enjoy new car experience due to this issue

- Orlando, FL, USA

Feb 012016

Accord

Since day 1, have had issues with a noticeable clunking noise while going over bumps.after 4 repair attempts at a Honda dealership that led to tightening of 'loose'(as per the mechanic and paperwork) nuts and bolts, adjustments of the rack, replacement of both front struts as well as replacement of the front steering rack, the noise continued. During the 5th repair attempt after meeting with an engineer from Honda as well as the Honda certified mechanic, the mechanic tells me that the subframe became unglued. The new design of the Honda subframe is now glued and not welded, in order to make the vehicle lighter and more fuel efficient. I am told by a Honda engineer that Honda tech line is now aware of this issue(which tells me there hsve been numerous complaints). Even after the entire subframe was recently replaced, I continue to have front end issues with my brand new car including creaking and vibration. I am currently working with a lemon law attorney and now have had 5 repair attempts on this vehicle. This subframe issue certainly is a safety matter and failure of such could lead to catastrophic accidents. This has and continues to be an ongoing problem. The 'glued' subframes in these vehicles should be investigated. Please note that this Honda is their top of the line 'touring' model which has additional suspension parts for a smoother ride supposedly. I have all of my documentation from the dealership should you require it.

- Newtonville, NY, USA

Jan 082016

Accord

I notice wind noise is very loud in this car. It sounds as if a window is slightly opened, although all the windows are closed. I can hear it even if I'm going 30 to 40 mph. When cars pass going in the opposite direction, you can hear each one as they pass more than you normally would. It makes for a very noisy ride in town so I can image how it will be once I drive on the highway. I have read 2 other customer complaints about this issue

- Orlando, FL, USA

Jan 152016

Accord

The sunroof on my 2016 Honda Accord spontaneously shattered while I was driving down the freeway at aprox 70mph. It sounded like a lound pop. We were left with a giant hole in the center of the sunroof. The broken parts of the glass are angled upward as if it shattered from the inside up. We bought this vehicle brand new on 1/4/16 and this occurred on 1/15/16. We were driving on a desolate stretch of desert highway that is surrounded by absolutely nothing.

- Barstow, CA, USA