- February 5: Takata Airbags Cause Honda to Recall 2.2 Million Vehicles recalls | 7 days ago
- February 4: Honda Accord Recalled After Airbag Defects Cause Injuries recalls | 8 days ago
- February 4: Honda Civic Recall On The Way To Fix Engines recalls | 8 days ago
- February 4: Continental Automotive Systems Recalls 5 Million Airbags recalls | 8 days ago
- January 30: Lawsuit: Rabbits Chew Honda Soy Wiring to Shreds news | 13 days ago
2002 Honda Civic
CarComplaints.com Notes: Yes, the Honda Civic receives a lot of complaints because so many were sold. And sure, car parts only last so long and things eventually break. But it's never good to see this many transmission complaints, especially when the average mileage at failure is just north of 100,000 miles.
Especially when you consider that it's predecessor also has a nasty history with transmission complaints.
Worst 2002 Civic transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- transmission failure264
- transmission slipping57
- pops out of gear11
- loud noise while changing gears4
- grinding noise at acceleration2
- shifter does not engage any gear2
- transmission light flashes2
- intermittent difficulty shifting into reverse1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission102
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission11
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Park/Neutral ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Torque Converter1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Civic Model Years
Curious how the 2002 Civic compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Civic overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Civic.