- January 10: Honda Recalls Nearly 1.3 Million Vehicles to Fix Takata Airbags recalls | 43 days ago
- December 30: 2017 Honda Ridgeline Recalled Over Electrical Problems recalls | 54 days ago
- December 30: Honda Recalls 641,000 Odyssey Minivans to Fix Seat Problems recalls | 54 days ago
- December 4: Honda Goes Door-to-Door to Get Takata Airbags Fixed news | 80 days ago
2002 Honda Civic
CarComplaints.com Notes: Yes, the Honda Civic receives a lot of complaints because so many were sold. And sure, car parts only last so long and things eventually break. But it's never good to see this many transmission complaints, especially when the average mileage at failure is just north of 100,000 miles.
Especially when you consider that it's predecessor also has a nasty history with transmission complaints.
Worst 2002 Civic transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- transmission failure269
- transmission slipping59
- pops out of gear11
- loud noise while changing gears4
- grinding noise at acceleration2
- shifter does not engage any gear2
- transmission light flashes2
- intermittent difficulty shifting into reverse1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission102
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission11
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Park/Neutral ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Torque Converter1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Civic Model Years
Curious how the 2002 Civic compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Civic overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Civic.