- April 10: Exploding Takata Airbags Inflict Injuries to Honda Drivers
- March 18: Honda Recalls Accord, Civic and Pilot To Replace Takata Airbag Inflators
- March 9: Honda Recalls Accord and CR-V to Replace Engine Short Blocks
- February 8: Honda Accord Owner Carlos Solis Killed By Exploding Takata Airbag
- January 31: Over 2.1 Million Cars with Defective Airbags Recalled Again
2002 Honda Civic
Worst 2002 Civic transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- transmission failure252
- transmission slipping54
- pops out of gear11
- loud noise while changing gears4
- grinding noise at acceleration2
- transmission light flashes2
- intermittent difficulty shifting into reverse1
- shifter does not engage any gear1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission50
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission7
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Park/Neutral ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Torque Converter1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Civic Model Years
Curious how the 2002 Civic compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Civic overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Civic.