2008 Nissan Altima body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Altima:

2008 Nissan Altima Owner Comments (Page 4 of 10)

Nov 202014

The dashboard is beginning to degrade and become glossy and highly sticky to the touch. It runs the length of the dashboard vents and is spreading. There are at least 2 tv station news reports with video when you google "Nissan Altima sticky dashboard". they are below.

- Dunedin, FL, USA

Oct 222014

My dashboard on my 2008 Nissan Altima appears to be melting resulting in a sticky/tacky texture. The dashboard is causing a glare on the windshield which is posing a great safety issue.

- Largo, FL, USA

Aug 022013

The dashboard of our 2008 Nissan Altima has started melting and cracking. The dash is now so shiny from the melting substance, that there is a severe glare issue when driving on sunny days. It is almost impossible to read road signs because of this glare. This makes for very hazardous driving. There needs to be a recall issued before an accident or death occurs because of the severe glare.

- Alma, GA, USA

Sep 032012

Altima 4-cyl

Dashboard surface has degraded gradually.causing a mirror effect from the sticky surface. It is extremely difficult to see due to the glare from the dash surface at times creating a very dangerous condition. I know of many others in South Florida that have the same condition.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Jun 022014

Dashboard degradation. The dashboard appears to be 'melting' causing a dangerous glare. Extremely difficult to see out of the windshield during daylight hours.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Apr 152014

Vehicle dashboard is melting and it's difficult to see while driving. It has become a hazard.

- Laredo, TX, USA

Jan 012014

My dashboard on my 2008 Nissan Altima coupe is melting and causing a extreme glare while driving. I've gone to the Nissan dealer and they refuse to repair my melting dashboard. There is no way to reduce the glare! this is not the consumer's fault... this is a manufacturing defect!

- Houston, TX, USA

Oct 272014

The dashboard on my 2008 Nissan Altima coupe is melting. It has turned into a sticky and gooey substance. When I touch the dashboard my fingers stick and turn black. Every time I get into my car I worry the melting dashboard will be a safety issue. The dashboard reflects the sun from the windshield and it causes a reflection, so it sometimes becomes hard to see while driving. In addition to the dashboard melting, it is also beginning to crack. The issue was filed with Nissan but they refused to fix or replace the dashboard.

- Naples, FL, USA

Oct 012014

Dashboard melting causing glare making visibility somewhat hampered.

- Lauderdale Lakes, FL, USA

Oct 242014

Altima 4-cyl

My dashboard is peeling and cracking which is causing vision problems while I am driving due to the glaring sun. I live in Florida and my job includes lots of travel during the hottest part of the day. The peeling dashboard and the sun causes a glare on my windshield which hampers my visibility. This is a major problem that may eventually cause me to have a accident if it is not recalled.

- Palm Bay, FL, USA

May 012011

Altima 4-cyl

After about 3 years the dash started melting. It gets worse each year. The matte finish on the dash is now a sticky, shiny mess that shines a bad glare on windshield in sunlight and under street lights. It is difficult to see when the light hits it at the right (wrong) angle. Several other people have complained about this same issue for this same year/make/model. 2008 Nissan Altima coupe. Nissan will not fix the problem, offered to replace for $1200 but this is a problem they created by Nissan choosing poor material to construct the dash. Someone shouldn't have to have an accident before this problem is addressed. Nissan should recall and fix the problem.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jul 162014

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Altima. The contact stated that the entire dashboard melted and became sticky. The failure caused a glare onto the windshield making it difficult to view the road during sunny weather conditions. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 58,000.

- Lake Alfred , FL, USA

Jun 012013

The dashboard in my Altima is melting.

- Miami Beach, FL, USA

Dec 172011

Dashboard is melting. Glare makes it almost impossible to see. Safety hazard.

- Miami, FL, USA

Mar 102014

Altima 4-cyl

Dashboard appears to be melting. It is sticky and shiny and pieces lift off with anything that is placed on the dash. The effect causes a significant glare in the sunlight that affects driver line of sight. Deterioration has also caused multiple cracks in dash surface that may potentially affect air bag deployment.

- Cantonment, FL, USA

Oct 012014

Altima 4-cyl

My 2008 Nissan Altima dashboard is cracking and soft to the touch and sticky. I'm aware that there are others with the same problem and it is getting worst! I'm aware that it is a matter of time when it will be a safety hazard for me and wife that drive this vehicle. Can you please let me know what to do and who to speak to; I'm looking to see if Nissan will be taking responsibility and paying for replacing my dashboard. I thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

Jul 102013

Altima 4-cyl

I own a 2008 Nissan Altima and its dashboard is melting. The manufacturer needs to address this issue because this phenomenon is simply embarrassing for a good company such Nissan.

- Port Saint Lucie , FL, USA

Aug 012013

The dashboard on my 08 Nissan Altima is melting. It started about a year ago, but has got alot worse over time. It becomes a safety issue when driving during the day, because it puts off a blinding glare. Something needs to be done, the dashboard should not be melting at all!!

- St Cloud, FL, USA

Jun 242014

Altima 4-cyl

The dashboard is melting on top near the steering wheel and also near where the defrost vents are.

- Green Cove Springs, FL, USA

Sep 212014

Altima 4-cyl

Dashboard is melting in all over, the material in the dashboard is now very shiny and makes it difficult to see on a sunny day (it's Florida). Dealership says car is out of warranty and there is no recall by Nissan. This is a huge safety issue as it causes a reflection on my windshield severely impairing my visibility.

- Sarasota, FL, USA