2008 Nissan Altima body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Altima:

2008 Nissan Altima Owner Comments (Page 8 of 10)

Jul 042012

Altima 4-cyl

The dash appears to be melting. This appears to be a pretty wide spread issue as evident in several Nissan online forums. My dash has become soft, sticky and shiny in several very large spots. If this were just a cosmetic issue, I wouldn't be posting here. This is becoming a safety issue. The dash creates a glare on the windshield that is nearly impossible to see through without the use of polarized sunglasses. At a minimum, I just want to find something that will remove or reduce the glare by dulling the shiny spots.

- Saint Marys, GA, USA

Jun 032013

Altima

My dashboard has been melting for years now. I thought it was just due to the sun and lack of cleaning it, but reading online it is because of the defective material Nissan chose to make the dashboard out of. I can barely see the road at times when the sun is shining bright.

- Miami, FL, USA

May 112014

Altima

Dashboard leaking glue like material causing glare on windshield glass. Extremely difficult to see while driving due to glare. Safety compromised.

- Tampa, FL, USA

May 012011

Altima 4-cyl

My 2008 Nissan Altima coupe dash is melting severely. I would describe this as a tar pit, which has spread over half the dash. During the day you see this melting dash reflecting in the whole windshield, which is dangerously obstructing the drivers view. ( seriously ) !!!!!!!! also I'm aware there's many car owners with this problem. The manufacturers should recall and replace these dashes before someone gets injured. Thank you !!!!!!!

- Baytown, TX, USA

May 012012

Altima

The dashboard seems to be melting and cracking throughout.

- Stuart, FL, USA

May 012013

Altima

I started to notice sticky spots an my dash about 12 months ago. Now it is covering most of the dash. This is creating a problem when I am driving during the day.if I am driving towards the sun the glare coming off of the dash is almost blinding. This makes it a safety problem and should be covered as a recall from the manufacture.

- Lake Worth, FL, USA

Apr 012013

Altima 4-cyl

I have had my car since 2008. Bought it brand new from Nissan in kendall miami, fl. Last year I started to notice that what has seemed like a regular wear from the car, has turned into a safety issue while driving. There is a glare when the sun hits the dash making it nearly impossible to see clearly. I know it sounds strange, but my dash is melting. This is a serious safety as I could potentially get into an accident. The only temporary solution we have found is to purchase a custom made dashboard. However, I don't see why Nissan has not helped. I brought it back to my local dealership and they have said that since I am out of warranty, I'm out of luck. I've had attorneys offering to start a class action lawsuit being that I am not the only one with this issue, but all I want is to have my dash replaced and that's it. It is only fair that Nissan would stand behind the product. Is there anything that I can do about this? thank you in advance.

- Coral Springs, FL, USA

May 012014

Altima 4-cyl

Melting dashboard when sun hits cant see due to glare very un safe.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Apr 302014

Altima

My Nissan Altima dashboard is melting in the sun and heat here and I have tinted windows and use a sunshade. This is becoming a safety concern.

- Palm City, FL, USA

Apr 302014

Altima 4-cyl

My whole dashboard is melting. I have a glare from this that obstructs my view at all times of the day.

- Vero Beach, FL, USA

Apr 272014

Altima 4-cyl

The dashboard is melting it seems to be real sticky the glare from it makes it hard to see out the windshield it's definitely a safety concern.

- Hammond, LA, USA

Apr 162014

Altima 4-cyl

I noticed that my 2008 Nissan Altima coupe randomly developed huge, long cracks on the dashboard. It is also sticky and soft (flexible). It appears to be melting and it is creating a significant glare across my windshield that makes it extremely hard to see when driving.

- Hilo, HI, USA

Jan 012013

Altima

The dashboard is melting. The melting dashboard causes a reflection on the windshield and it is hard to see in bright light.

- Bradenton, FL, USA

Apr 012010

Altima

My dashboard is sticky and appears to be melting away. This shiny surface causes an awful glared reflection on the windshield. Also, it causes the car to appear old and everything sticks to it including papers and insects. It's pretty gross!

- Miami, FL, USA

Dec 012013

Altima 4-cyl

After filing a complaint with Nissan Consumer Affairs about my deteriorating dashboard they told me to go to a Nissan dealer and get an estimate on replacing the dash, then they would let me know if they would give me some financial assistance. I complied with them, made appt.. received the estimate of $1726.03. I presented this to Consumer Affairs, then after numerous phone calls to finally get an answer of "no we decided not to give you any financial support because the car was out of warranty !! this is not a damaged part due to accident, this is a factory defect!! this car is unsafe to drive during the day because of the glare from the sun, and unsafe after dark due to headlights and streetlights. I have taken this complaint to my local T.V. investigations and do not plan on stopping until I get a new dashboard.. I have seen this very same complaint on numerous 2008's !!!! this is obviously a manufacture defect! has anybody out there received any resolution"?"!!!

- Dania Beach, FL, USA

Mar 012013

Altima

My dashboard is melting and creates an awful glare on the windshield - almost like shining a mirror at the sun. It's blinding at times when the sun hits it just right. The problem has progressively gotten worse over the span of a year. When it's extremely hot (nearly 100 out), the dashboard is almost like a thick goop that comes off on my fingers when I touch it. I haven't put any sort of chemical or wax on it as a Nissan representative has suggested. Not only is this hazardous while driving, but I'm concerned there may be some harmful chemical (carcinogenic?) that I'm inhaling while in my car.

- Greenville, AL, USA

Dec 162013

Altima

The dashboard of my 2008 Nissan Altima appears to be melting. The rubber material that was used to create the dashboard has started to melt becoming very sticky and extremely shinny. The glare from the dashboard shine has become a hazard and is impairing my driving, I cannot see out of my windshield during the day.

- Wesley Chapel, FL, USA

Aug 072013

Altima 4-cyl

My 2008 Nissan Altima dashboard is melting and the glare from the molten rubber/plastic creates a reflection on the windshield which makes it very difficult to drive in the sun and is potentially very dangerous. I contacted Nissan about this and they say that they cannot do anything about this even though it is obviously a factory defect. They want to charge me 3000 $ to replace the dashboard which I do no intend on doing it as I feel like it is Nissan's responsibility to replace the dashboard.

- Jersey Village, TX, USA

Mar 222014

Altima

The dashboard is melting.

- Lehigh Acres, FL, USA

Apr 072013

Altima 4-cyl

I live in South Florida and the dashboard has been melting. It's a hazard and it produces a glare in the windshield and interferes with visibility. I'm afraid that an accident is going to happen because I cannot see clearly due to the glare. Someone is going to get hurt. The dashboard is also sticky to the touch and pieces are starting to come away from the dashboard.

- Coral Gables , FL, USA