NHTSA — Equipment Problems

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1999-2003 Acura TL has a known & widespread defect with the transmission.

Honda fixed some vehicles with a recall in 2004 by changing the oil cooler return line. To settle a class action lawsuit in 2006, Honda extended the transmission warranty on some of these Acura TL's to 93 months / 109,000 miles.

Now these vehicles are past the warranty limit, so buyer beware.

2.4

2000 Acura TL accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Acura TL:

2000 Acura TL Owner Comments

Jun 282011

TL

My car was parked in the sun at which time the automatic rear view mirror proceeded to leak caustic fluid from the photo cell unto the middle of my car's interior console especially all over the gear shifter area. This fluid was corrosive to the point that it melted a hole in the bottom of my rearview mirror and damaged the plastic pieces in the center of the console including the gear indicator and its trim ring. The rearview mirror is now cloudy and somewhat damaged. Some of the fluid got on the back of my hand when I put my car in gear and caused a slight burning sensation until I washed it off. I'm not sure if there's more fluid yet to leak from the damaged mirror the next time the interior of the car gets hot.

- Solon, OH, USA