2003 Acura TL
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1999-2003 Acura TL has a known & widespread defect with the transmission.
Honda fixed some vehicles with a recall in 2004 by changing the oil cooler return line. To settle a class action lawsuit in 2006, Honda extended the transmission warranty on some of these Acura TL's to 93 months / 109,000 miles.
Now these vehicles are past the warranty limit, so buyer beware.
Worst 2003 Acura TL Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems37NHTSA complaints: 180
- body / paint problems7NHTSA complaints: 11
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 9
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 15
- engine problems2NHTSA complaints: 41
- AC / heater problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- interior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 57
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 45
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 14
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 13
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 11
- lights problemsNHTSA: 9
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 3
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Acura TL Model Years
Curious how the 2003 TL compares to other years?
Check out our Acura TL overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the TL.