1999 Acura TL
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1999-2003 Acura TL has a known & widespread defect with the transmission.
Honda fixed some vehicles with a recall in 2004 by changing the oil cooler return line. To settle a class action lawsuit in 2006, Honda extended the transmission warranty on some of these Acura TL's to 93 months / 109,000 miles.
Now these vehicles are past the warranty limit, so buyer beware.
Worst 1999 TL Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems2NHTSA complaints: 29
- engine problems1NHTSA complaints: 24
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 54
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 9
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 9
- steering problemsNHTSA: 8
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 6
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 6
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 5
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 5
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 5
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 5
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 4
- lights problemsNHTSA: 3
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 2
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 2
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Acura TL Model Years
Curious how the 1999 TL compares to other years?
Check out our Acura TL overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the TL.