2002 Acura TL
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1999-2003 Acura TL has a known & widespread defect with the transmission.
Honda fixed some vehicles with a recall in 2004 by changing the oil cooler return line. To settle a class action lawsuit in 2006, Honda extended the transmission warranty on some of these Acura TL's to 93 months / 109,000 miles.
Now these vehicles are past the warranty limit, so buyer beware.
Worst 2002 Acura TL Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems18NHTSA complaints: 188
- AC / heater problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- interior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 7
- electrical problems1NHTSA complaints: 11
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 44
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 37
- engine problemsNHTSA: 29
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 23
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 9
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 8
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 7
- lights problemsNHTSA: 6
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 6
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 5
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 5
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 1
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Acura TL Model Years
Curious how the 2002 TL compares to other years?
Check out our Acura TL overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the TL.