2001 Acura TL
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1999-2003 Acura TL has a known & widespread defect with the transmission.
Honda fixed some vehicles with a recall in 2004 by changing the oil cooler return line. To settle a class action lawsuit in 2006, Honda extended the transmission warranty on some of these Acura TL's to 93 months / 109,000 miles.
Now these vehicles are past the warranty limit, so buyer beware.
Worst 2001 TL Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems8NHTSA complaints: 89
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- engine problemsNHTSA: 14
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 12
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 7
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 5
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 5
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 3
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 2
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 2
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 2
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 2
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Acura TL Model Years
Curious how the 2001 TL compares to other years?
Check out our Acura TL overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the TL.