- April 28: Honda and Toyota Lawsuit Filed Over ZF-TRW Airbag Control Units news | 21 days ago
- April 27: Honda Timing Belt Recall Issued For Separated Teeth recalls | 22 days ago
- April 8: Acura Recalls 360,000 MDX SUVs For Tail Light Failures recalls | 41 days ago
- March 12: Honda and Acura Recall 1.1 Million Vehicles Over Takata Airbags recalls | 68 days ago
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1999-2003 Acura TL has a known & widespread defect with the transmission.
Honda fixed some vehicles with a recall in 2004 by changing the oil cooler return line. To settle a class action lawsuit in 2006, Honda extended the transmission warranty on some of these Acura TL's to 93 months / 109,000 miles.
Now these vehicles are past the warranty limit, so buyer beware.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 155,950 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 10 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace with rebuilt transmission (5 reports)
- not sure (3 reports)
- replace transmission (2 reports)