- November 16: Honda Recalls HR-V, Odyssey and Acura MDX For Brake Problems recalls | 26 days ago
- September 29: Honda Recalls 1.4 Million Vehicles For Takata Airbags recalls | 74 days ago
- September 27: Acura TL Driver Says His Takata Airbag Exploded news | 76 days ago
Acura Recall : Honda/Timing Belt/Water Pump
2003 Acura TL
If the timing belt breaks, the engine will stall, increasing the risk of a crash.
Engine And Engine Cooling — Engine
- On certain minivans, sedans, coupes, and sport utility vehicles equipped with V6 engines, a timing belt tensioner pulley on the water pump is misaligned and could cause the timing belt to contact a bolt on the cylinder head. Eventually the belt could be damaged and fail.
- Dealers will inspect the water pump and if it is one of the defective pumps, the water pump and timing belt will be replaced. Owner notification began August 30, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Honda at 1-800-999-1009 or Acura at 1-800-382-2238.
- Documents (9)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Quarterly Performance Report
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Other Recall Related Documents
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Supplemental Remedy Instructions and TSB - 11-9-2006
- Defect and Noncompliance Notice(Part 573)
- Updated Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - September 2003
Click a tab for more information.