ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

2.4

2006 Acura TL miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Acura TL:

2006 Acura TL Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Sep 012012

TL

My dash is cracking at a accelerated rate. First at the passenger airbag, now over driver side. My concern is if the dash is dry enough to split along the airbag seams, then what would prevent shards of dash flying off if the airbag deploys? the should get some serious safety considerations.

- Morrow, GA, USA

Sep 012015

TL

Without any accident or internal abuse, a large crack appeared on the passenger side dashboard from the windshield to right above the glove compartment. The crack runs along the right side of the passenger side air bag and is deep; you can clearly see the air bag below it. Acura has refused to replace it without charging over $2K and "claims" it's not a safety issue with air bag deployment, however I refuse to take a chance in having a passenger ride in the front seat.

- Tinton Falls, NJ, USA

Aug 292015

TL

2006 Acura TL dashboard cracked on the passenger side approximately 12-18 inches along the right side of the airbag to the windshield. These cracks are a safety concern to me as I believe in the case of an accident the airbag will deploy through the weakest link, I am concerned that this could reduce the resistance of the airbag when it deploys, therefore increasing the force with which it deploys into the passenger compartment. I paid for a car that I could trust and a company that I had faith in. This should be repaired as a manufacturer defect. The dealer wants $2000 to replace dash.

- El Mirage, AZ, USA

Jul 072010

TL

The hands free link system that uses bluetooth to connect to your cellular phone is defective. It kills the car battery, always drawing current from the battery even when the car is parked and not running. Had battery replaced all ready. Manufacturer suggested repair is to disconnect the hands free link from the vehicle. I feel this is unsafe. I T would cause people to use there cell phones without the hands free feature while driving, which in turn could cause an accident. So this is a major safety issue and I feel Acura should resolve the problem. I have researched this issue and have found that this problem is widespread throughout at least two models of Acura (Acura MDX and Acura TL), and approximately years 2004 through 2008.

- Champaign, IL, USA

Aug 112015

TL

I purchased my 2006 Acura TL brand new in October 2005. I have read a lot of complaints regarding the crack in the dash above the passenger airbag. As other owners have stated in their complaints, this is a serious safety issue. I am concerned about what will happen if the airbag deploys upon impact or if the airbag will deploy prematurely. Please take this defect serious and demand a recall on this issue.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Feb 142014

TL

2006 Acura TL dashboard cracked on the passenger side from the glove box along both sides of the airbag to the windshield, with adjacent cracks. My vehicle, has 52K miles (we usually use our prius, ) was purchased new, and garaged, with a window vented. These cracks are a safety concern to me as I believe in the case of an accident the airbag will deploy through the weakest link, I.e., the airbag will attempt to find its way through the crack instead of where it normally goes! I paid for a car that I could trust and a company that I had faith in.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Nov 032014

TL

The hands free link system in the 2004-2008 Acura TL is creating a drain on the battery resulting in complete electrical failure of the automobile. The incidence of failure is most common immediately after periods of at least 10 hours of non-use or shortly after starting. As a result from this issue I experience this electrical problem for the past year, from going threw multiple batteries and being in the unsafe situation of my Acura TL losing its power in a very busy intersection. This problem has been reported extensively on multiple Acura owner's websites/blogs and has been confirmed by the local dealership. Given the possibility for in-use electrical failure, a recall should be issued. Are we waiting for someone to be killed or seriously injured before a re-call is really issued?

- Syracuse , NY, USA

May 082015

TL

Crack in dash board over the passenger side airbag. I feel this is an extreme safety issue in that the airbag may deploy without impact. This should be repaired as a manufacturer defect. The dealer wants $2000 to replace dash.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

May 012014

TL

Dash is cracked on the passenger side - approximately 12" in length (vertical) over air bag

- Lagrange , GA, USA

Mar 112013

TL

My car battery kept dying every 3 months, I even got a new battery and my car was still dying. I was stranded at the bank in a parking lot, my driveway, and at work. After it died again and wouldn't start with a new battery I called the dealership. They stated it is my blue tooth, which hadn't been working, that is draining my battery and they have seen it in my model and year. I had to pay $100 to have it disconnected and they want to charge me $400 to have it replaced. I replaced it and now they wont reimburse me. This should be a recall and it is a safety issue being stranded with your car not starting. I have a baby that is not ok with me to wonder if my car will start. Please help Acura needs to be accountable for this faulty part and the safety of people driving their cars.

- Orange, CA, USA

Oct 012011

TL 6-cyl

This vehicle was bought brand new in September 2006, in the past two weeks the dashboard has started cracking open where the passenger side airbag would deploy. The cracks have been getting progressively worse and the dealership is saying I may or may not receive assistance for the repairs which cost approximately $2,400. This is completely unacceptable for a 5 year old vehicle and they seem to want to blame it on the hot Florida temperatures even though I have owned approximately 7 other Honda/Acura products in Florida and never had this issue before.

- Coral Springs, FL, USA

May 312007

TL 6-cyl

2006 Acura TL no longer fit to be driven because of the manufacturer's defective heating and cooling system breeding toxic mold and the procedures done to the car trying to repair it. The consumer stated the dealer sprayed some chemicals in the vehicles to try and mask the problem.

- West Linn, OR, USA