8.0

$1,200

2. replaced eps module (1 reports)
2013 Acura TL steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Acura TL:

2013 Acura TL Owner Comments

Mar 142019

TL Tech 3.5L V6 Sohc

I was driving home from work doing about 45 mph and heading into a curved right turn exit onto a new road, when suddenly I felt a softness and the steering completely unresponsive and then realized that I was not making the turn. I narrowly missed the line of traffic at that intersection and ended up driving up the hill before coming to a stop. This failure was so sudden and quite terrifying. The console indicated power steering failure:32.

I consider myself a strong person and it took everything I had to steer this car home the last 3 miles. It is getting towed today to the nearest Acura dealer (30 miles away) so we will see what they find. So disappointing as I only have 65000 miles on this car and it has always been maintained at the dealer.

Update from Mar 18, 2019: The dealer took a look and confirmed that it is the EPS module. Repair is $1200. Car just went out of warranty at 62000 miles so this is a real bummer

- Wendy F., Sonoma, US

Jan 092018

TL

I was driving home from my son's basketball game which was an hour an a half from our home. No problems the ride there....no problems on the ride back. We stopped to get a quick bite to eat because it was already 10:00 P.M. After eating, I came out and started the car. Immediately, a check electronic power steering light came on. I shut the car off and tried it again. Still the same thing. I pulled the manual out and tried to do all of the suggested things. Still no luck. The steering wheel would not budge. I called Acura and they said the EPS would need to be replaced. My warranty just ran out in March of 2017. The car is almost 5 years old and only has 50,090 miles on it. This is ridiculous!!! I am seeing several other people with the same complaint. I am also filing a complaint with the NHTSA.

- sherf72, Orange, US