ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

CarComplaints.com Notes: The 3rd generation A8 got off to a slow start. Really slow, like "limp home" slow thanks to leaking antifreeze frying the engine's control modules. Thankfully the problem was recalled in September 2016.

3.4

2012 Audi A8 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Audi A8:

2012 Audi A8 Owner Comments

Aug 182016

A8

I was told this is a recurring issue, the antifreeze gets into the wiring harness and for me the engine shut down while driving down the highway. To fix the issue they have to take the engine out and replace the wire harness. A very expensive fix, I have it under warranty but was told I was lucky, which I assume means if I did not have the 100000 mile warranty I would be paying out of pocket. But if this is a common issue it should be a recall issue.

- Austin, TX, USA