- March 29: BMW Recalls X3 and X4 Vehicles Over Instrument Panels recalls | 0 days ago
- March 28: Front Seat Belt Buckle Sensors Cause BMW Recall recalls | 1 days ago
- March 5: BMW Recalls M6 Gran Coupes For Third Brake Light Problems recalls | 24 days ago
- February 19: BMW Recalls X7 SUVs To Replace Rear Reflectors recalls | 39 days ago
- January 11: Takata Non-Azide Airbag Inflators Investigated by Government investigations | 78 days ago
BMW Preliminary Evaluation PE13030: Loss of power assist braking
2012 BMW 528
Loss of power assist braking
Service Brakes, Hydraulic:Power Assist:Vacuum
- In a letter dated September 26, 2013, BMW Group submitted a safety recall notice to NHTSA identifying a defect condition in the vacuum pump oil supply that may result in loss of power assist braking in 76,191 model year (MY) 2012 through 2014 BMW 3-Series, 5-Series, X1 SAV, X3 SAV, and Z4 vehicles equipped with 4-cylinder engines (NHTSA Recall 13V-454).According to BMW, movement of the seal disk within the camshaft may result in blocking of the oil supply to the vacuum pump, resulting in improper pump operation and loss of power assist braking.On July 11, 2013, BMW initiated a change to the camshaft geometry that prevented the seal disk from blocking the oil port.BMW has not received any braking complaints related to loss of power assist after the design change was implemented in production.The owners of all affected vehicles will be contacted by mail and asked to take their vehicle to a BMW dealer who will install a locking ring into the camshaft to keep the seal disk in its proper location.BMW expects to begin dealer and owner notification in November 2013 and complete dealer and owner notification in December when the remedy is expected to be available.Based on the actions taken by BMW, this investigation is closed.
Click a tab for more information.