- September 22: BMW Recalls 740Li, 740 Li xDrive, 750Li xDrive, M760Li xDrive and Alpina B7 recalls | 9 days ago
- September 22: BMW Recalls X3 sDrive40i, X3 xDrive40i and X3M40i recalls | 9 days ago
- September 22: BMW Recalls X5 sDrive40i, X5 xDrive40i, X5 xDrive50i and X6M recalls | 9 days ago
- September 22: BMW Recalls X5 sDrive 40i, X5 xDrive 40i and X7 xDrive 40i recalls | 9 days ago
- September 22: BMW Recalls X6 sDrive40i, xDrive40i, X6 M50i and X6M recalls | 9 days ago
BMW TSB #B111614
2011 BMW 535
Affected Component: EQUIPMENT ADAPTIVE
- "This Service Information bulletin and attachment supersedes SI B11 16 14 dated May 2015. designates changes to this revision SUBJECT N63 Engine: Check the Timing Chain. INFORMATION This bulletin outlines the procedure for checking the engine timing chains for wear, and should be completed in conjunction with SI B11 06 14, ""N63 Customer Care Package."" The N63CCP and N63 Engine Check the Timing Chain are NOT mandatory Technical Campaigns or Recalls. They should be completed only based on parts availability, workshop capacity, and the customer's schedule. Performing the test plans identified in the procedure below will detect wear at an early stage and, if necessary, provide a repair solution. To avoid future valvetrain wear, the vehicle must be reprogrammed and a shorter oil service interval must be retrofitted via ISTA/P. Finally, drain and replace the engine's oil and filter. After completing all necessary repairs included in the N63 Customer Care Package and the Timing Chain Check, the vehicle must be test driven for up to 30 minutes to ensure that the repairs were performed to the highest standard."
Click a tab for more information.