- April 21: BMW X5 xDrive35d Idler Pulley Bolt Recall Investigated investigations | 5 days ago
- April 18: Offices of Audi and Porsche Raided by German Prosecutors news | 8 days ago
- March 30: BMW Soft-Close Automatic Door Amputated Thumb: Lawsuit news | 27 days ago
- March 27: BMW Diesel Emissions Lawsuit Names X5 and 335d news | 30 days ago
- March 24: BMW M Carbon Ceramic Brake Noise Lawsuit to Continue news | 33 days ago
BMW Recall : Fuel Vent Line May Chafe And Leak Fuel Vapor
2014 BMW i3
A fuel vapor leak in the presence of an ignition source can increase the risk of a fire.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Delivery — Hoses, Lines/Piping, And Fittings
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2014-2017 i3 REx hybrid electric vehicles. The fuel tank vent line may rub against the ribbed wire protection sleeve of the battery positive (B+) cable, creating a hole in the vent line and causing a fuel vapor leak.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the fuel vent line, replacing it as necessary, and install a clip to prevent it from chafing, free of charge. The recall beganApril 3, 2017. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.