- January 7: BMW Fire Class-Action Lawsuit Filed After Recalls news | 12 days ago
- December 29: BMW Fires Earn Automaker $10 Million Fine news | 21 days ago
- December 12: Feds Close BMW X5 xDrive35d Idler Pulley Bolt Investigation investigations | 38 days ago
- November 25: BMW Oil Consumption Class-Action Lawsuit Includes N63 Engines news | 55 days ago
- October 30: Recall: BMW M3 and M4 Cars Need New Driveshafts recalls | 81 days ago
BMW Recall : Fuel Vent Line May Chafe And Leak Fuel Vapor
2014 BMW i3
A fuel vapor leak in the presence of an ignition source can increase the risk of a fire.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Delivery — Hoses, Lines/Piping, And Fittings
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2014-2017 i3 REx hybrid electric vehicles. The fuel tank vent line may rub against the ribbed wire protection sleeve of the battery positive (B+) cable, creating a hole in the vent line and causing a fuel vapor leak.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the fuel vent line, replacing it as necessary, and install a clip to prevent it from chafing, free of charge. The recall beganApril 3, 2017. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.