- October 17: GM Tri-Fold Soft Tonneau Cover Recall Affects 7,200 Trucks recalls | 4 days ago
- October 12: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Settlement On Hold news | 9 days ago
- October 7: Does Automatic Emergency Braking With Pedestrian Detection Work? news | 14 days ago
- October 1: Chevy Camaro Ignition Key Recall Issued Again recalls | 20 days ago
- September 22: Chevy Volt Passenger Airbag Sensor Investigation Opened investigations | 29 days ago
Chevrolet Recall : Aftermarket Replacement Ignition Switches
2008 Chevrolet Cobalt
If the ignition switch moves from the run position to accessory, the car would stall and the air bags will not deploy in the event of a crash, increasing the risk of personal injury to the occupants.
Electrical System — Ignition — Switch
- UCI-FRAM Group is recalling certain LS1328 ignition Switches sold as Wells LS1328, Duralast LS1328, Airtex 1S6097, and Carquest 53-27479, and LS1497 Ignition Switches sold as Wells LS1497, Duralast LS1497, Airtex 1S10961, and Carquest 53-27967, for use on various General Motors model and model year vehicles during repair and replacement of the original ignition switch. The weight on the key ring and/or road conditions or some other jarring event may cause the affected ignition switches to move out of the run position, turning off the engine and disabling the air bags.
- UCI-FRAM Group has notified its purchasers to quarantine and return all inventory. Any switches already installed in vehicles will be replaced by GM dealers as part of NHTSA recall 14V-047, free of charge. UCI-Fram's purchasers should contact UCI-FRAM Group at 1-800-890-2075. GM vehicle owners requiring additional information on that recall campaign should contact GM at 1-800-222-1020 (Chevrolet), 1-800-762-2737 (Pontiac) or 1-800-553-6000 (Saturn).
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.