- October 17: GM Tri-Fold Soft Tonneau Cover Recall Affects 7,200 Trucks recalls | 3 days ago
- October 12: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Settlement On Hold news | 8 days ago
- October 7: Does Automatic Emergency Braking With Pedestrian Detection Work? news | 13 days ago
- October 1: Chevy Camaro Ignition Key Recall Issued Again recalls | 19 days ago
- September 22: Chevy Volt Passenger Airbag Sensor Investigation Opened investigations | 28 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 18195: Hard Braking And Acceleration May Disable Air Bags
2019 Chevrolet Corvette
In the event of a crash, if the air bags do not deploy as designed, the occupants have an increased risk of injury.
Air Bags — Air Bag Control Module
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 vehicles. Hard braking or acceleration may cause the sensing diagnostic module (SDM) to enter a fault state. As a result, the SDM will not provide crash sensing or deploy the necessary air bags in the event of a crash.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will reprogram the SDM with updated software, free of charge. The recall began on June 29, 2018. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 18195.
Click a tab for more information.