6.0

$70

1. replace plastic housing and hose (1 reports)
2013 Chevrolet Cruze cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Cruze:

2013 Chevrolet Cruze Owner Comments

Sep 152018

Cruze ECO 1.4t

click to see larger images

coolant leak

The Chevy Cruze is definitely a lemon. I have been a mechanic for 12 years and have yet to see such a POS. I bought the car as a gas saver to commute to and from work (like everyone else). I was excited to buy a Chevy, also excited it was an economical 4cyl (my other vehicle is an F-150), but seriously... you NEED TO BE A MECHANIC to drive this car!! I may have racked on 100k miles since I bought it in 2016 but... Chevy... you have got to be kidding me...

Complaint #2:

This problem is annoying... especially with a closer look. I have attached a photo for reference and the Cruze is prone leaking from this location. On the driver side between the battery and the engine. The housing is made from cheap plastic and prone to breaking... the especially annoying part is the "T" connection point. This part is seriously only a few mm thick and will obviously corrode from the heat and exposure of the engines coolant... what the hell was Chevy thinking... a silly 2 cent connection could drain you engines coolant and cause serious damage to your engine. Best to replace both parts (doesn't really matter what brand, they're all cheap and plastic.)

- Jesse S., Havelock, US