- April 8: Chevy Colorados and GMC Canyons Recalled recalls | 5 days ago
- April 8: GM Recalls Chevy Camaros Over Steering Wheel Emblems recalls | 5 days ago
- April 1: GM Class Action Lawsuit Over Fuse Blocks Dismissed news | 12 days ago
- March 31: Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana Owners: Park Outside recalls | 13 days ago
- March 24: Cadillac, Chevrolet and GMC Vehicles Have Seat Belt Issues recalls | 20 days ago
Chevrolet TSB #PIP5197G
2015 Chevrolet Cruze
Affected Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:EXHAUST SYSTEM:MANIFOLD/HEADER/MUFFLER/TAIL PIPE
- This Preliminary Information communication provides information to the technician on the steps to diagnose and repair vehicles that have excessive oil consumption, blue smoke from the exhaust, or a Malfunction Indicator Lamp. Technician should inspect the PVC orifice for leaking oil or drawing a vacuum at idle. If the PCV orifice external port is leaking oil or vacuum, replace the camshaft cover assembly. Technician will inspect for a missing intake manifold Non Return Valve that may have damaged the PCV orifice diaphragm. Check for the return valve if it is not visible use a long cotton swab to wipe any excess oil from the valve to validate. If the non return valve is still not visible, then intake manifold removal for inspection is required to validate. When the valve is present reinstall the intake manifold. When the valve is not present replace the intake manifold assembly.
Click a tab for more information.