2016 Chevrolet Cruze engine problems: dies while driving

Dies While Driving

2016 Chevrolet Cruze

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.

8.0

2016 Chevrolet Cruze engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chevrolet Cruze:

2016 Chevrolet Cruze Owner Comments

Jun 122017

Cruze

Car stalled in traffic while making a left hand turn. I consider this very dangerous.

- Leonard L. B., Loveland, CO, US

Oct 042016

Cruze ES 1.4L

I have a 2016 chevy cruze, and at least 3 times has died while driving!, and im not talking about the engine shut off when you stop at the intersection or stop sign , im talking the car just died when driving 30-50 miles speed!, i know people will have issues like this sooner or later, i have 3 recalls apart for my chevy , ..the battery cable...and something about a 3rd light leaking,, and today they told me my car is leaking oil too.. thats 3 problems + the cars turning off at high speed + the other day it turned off, and i had to wait to the next day to make it work!,, + the air conditioner turns by itself? well aLOT of issues with this car, very bad quality, i wont recommend to buy a chevy cruze to anyone, stay away !!

- Gerardo M., Rio Grande Cy, TX, US

Oct 222016

Cruze

while in drive or at a stop light car will turn off

I got my car at Cheverolet at 1801 west atlantic blvd in flordia . My first car was a 2013 (I bought it used) I went to Orlando 2 days after I got it and it felt like the wheel was going fall off so I then took it back to the dealership and was told the rim was bent in then tire was missing a chunk and they had to fix and that same day the crash my car at the dealer ship (yes the dealer crashed my car. So they gave me another car 2016 chevy(yes I said gave because they did not let me pick it). First week took it back the blue tooth did not work . I have taken it back for the Bluetooth issue 10 times then the dealer said they can not see the issue so they will not fix it. The next issue which scares me is you can be at a stop light or driving and the car shuts off. (shuts off while in drive. This scared me because I have a 4yr old and a 9yr old and we will be in this car and yes it will turn off in drive or it will start acting like a bumper like it wants to shut off. I have taken this car for this issue 3 times as we speak it is there now. The 2 time I went they gave me a check list to do if the car turns off . I did tell rep the last think on my mine when me and my kids are in a car trying not to get hit is a check list. I spoke to customer relations and was told they should not have even given me that list the tech should have check the things on the list. I just got a call again and they asked me did I check the list and I did tell them no I was told by customer relations not to. At this point I feel like this company does not care me and my kids take a risk everyday getting into this car and I am being told there computer does not see anything wrong with it. I did tell them you are risking me and my kids life because of a computer read . I am a single parent I can not afford to get another car and I can not afford to trade it in . I know they do not care or at least the car dealership do not. It is almost impossible to get to corporate because this companies are privately own and they will not give you info for gm . I am putting this as a complaint so god forbid if something happens to me and my kids it be that people will know this issue was reported and nothing happened.

- Elizabeth W., Pompano Beach, FL, US