- October 17: GM Tri-Fold Soft Tonneau Cover Recall Affects 7,200 Trucks recalls | 2 days ago
- October 12: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Settlement On Hold news | 7 days ago
- October 7: Does Automatic Emergency Braking With Pedestrian Detection Work? news | 12 days ago
- October 1: Chevy Camaro Ignition Key Recall Issued Again recalls | 18 days ago
- September 22: Chevy Volt Passenger Airbag Sensor Investigation Opened investigations | 27 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 50190: Headlights May Be Incorrectly Aimed/FMVSS 108
2016 Chevrolet Cruze
Without the identification code, the headlights may be improperly aimed during service, reducing nighttime visibility and increasing the risk of a crash.
Exterior Lighting — Headlights
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2016 Cruze vehicles manufactured November 5, 2015, to May 26, 2016. The headlight assemblies are not marked with a three-digit identifier code used to properly aim the headlights. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 108, "Lamps, Reflective Devices, and Assoc. Equipment."
- GM will mail owners instructions and adhesive labels, with the correct code, to install on their headlight assemblies. Owners may also bring the vehicle to a GM dealership for any assistance with applying the label, free of charge. The recall began on August 11, 2016. Owners may contact Chevrolet Customer Service Department at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 50190.
- Documents (11)
- Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N16205019 Release Date: July 2016 Revision: 01
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: July 28, 2016 Subject: 50190-01 - Noncompliance Recall Up-Level Headlamp Incorrect Marking Customer Letter Added
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: June 29, 2016 Subject: 50190 - Noncompliance Recall Up-Level Headlamp Incorrect Marking
- Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N16205019 Release Date: June 2016
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 108
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: August 02, 2016 Subject: 50190-02 - Noncompliance Recall Up-Level Headlamp Incorrect Marking Service Procedure Update
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-4
Click a tab for more information.