9.0

$350

1. replace wiper transmission (9 reports)
2015 Chevrolet Equinox windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Equinox:

2015 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Jul 162021

Equinox LX 2.4L

My 70 yr old mother was driving home & a bad storm popped up, she turned on the wipers and after 2 swipes they stopped. Thank goodness she made it home in 1 piece, but took her over 2 hrs because she had to keep stopping to pull over (normally a 30 min ride) & no one would stop to help her. Chevy needs to step up on this issue. Guess I'll be looking for Honda next.

- ghow, Louisville, US

Jul 162021

Equinox LS 2.2L

I was driving home from Fort Wayne Indiana. I was going downhill in a rainstorm, I had my wipers on and they suddenly stopped in the middle of the windshield. I almost crashed. Barely made it home. Had to stay on the side of the road until the rain eased up. It was a 45 minute drive home from Fort Wayne. Had to look out of the drivers window to see if I was on the road or not. Not sure if maintenance is covered under extended warranty or not. Since I have bought the vehicle 16 months ago, I had a dead battery, thermostat trouble, engine cooling fan trouble along with the engine temperature coolant sensor, and now the wiper blades failed. The extended warranty is a joke. I paid 2500.00 for a warranty only good for 24 months.

- Sara J., Kendallville, US

Jun 252021

Equinox LT 2.4L

If Chevrolet knew or knows about this windshield wiper problem and they do not fix them all PRONTO they should be held liable in a criminal lawsuit if some one dies for their negligence. Only by God's good graces were me and my wife not killed when we ran into a severe rain storm and the wipers broke. Found my letter from GM about this "CONDITION" existing? It should be fixed BEFORE, immediately, not when it happens to someone on a dark rainy highway.

- Abraham F., Lemont Furnace, US

Sep 092021

Equinox

Front Wipers make sound like they are trying to move but do nothing, just stopped in the middle of a bad storm and never started working again. The back wipers work fine, I only have issue with front.

- Shaquita A., Iowa City, US

Oct 192020

Equinox LT V4

In the middle of driving on the highway in the dark and pouring rain, the windshield wipers just froze up and wouldn't move.

- Kim C., Hinckley, OH, US

Mar 252021

Equinox LS 2.4L 4- cyl

At 119,000 miles on a vehicle that is well taken care of - this should not be the responsibility of the owner. Driving down the road in the pouring down rain! With a child in the car, this could have easily been a severe wreck.

- Jackie A., Decatur, MS, US

Nov 102020

Equinox LS

I thought I was the proud owner of a 2015 Chevrolet Equinox. Then as I was coming home, my wipers suddenly stopped working! I WAS IN RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC DURING A RAIN STORM IN THE FAST LANE. OMG I ALMOST DIED! WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO NOW! GM HAS LOST THEIR MINDS. THEY KNEW OF THIS PROBLEM AND HAVE NOT FIXED IT.

IT COSTS OVER 400 TO REPAIR IT. I DO NOT HAVE MONEY TO WASTE. WHO DO I CONTACT TO FIX MY VEHICLE FOR FREE? OR WHAT LAWYER WANTS TO TAKE ON THIS LAWSUIT? GM SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES. THEY ARE PUTTING PEOPLE LIVES AT RISK! I AM HIGHLY UPSET PISSED OFF AND DISGUSTED WITH THEM. THIS IS SOME HUGE BULLCRAP!!!

- Ma R., St. Louis, MO, US

Jun 152020

Equinox LX 2.4L

While driving in a thunderstorm, my driver side wiper stopped working. Instantly I could not see anything. I had my granddaughter with me at the time and I was really afraid we were going to be hit. I slowly put my breaks on and put my flashers on. I slowed down to a crawl and turned onto a side street.

Little did I know that there was a class action lawsuit. The dealership never told me about that! They charged me for the replacement wiper assembly and never said I could report this for reimbursement. It wasn't until recently that I discovered the lawsuit. Now I have to notify them that I want my money back!!

GM does it again!!! I would never ever buy another GM vehicle. Not only do they have life-threatening problems with their vehicles, they only fix them when they are forced to. They could care less about the people driving their cars.

- JoAnn O., Grafton, WI, US

Jun 102020

Equinox

I could’ve been killed. I was traveling at 70 mph in pouring rain when my windshield wipers stopped working. This problem really aggravates me not only because I could’ve lost my life but the fact that Chevrolet knows this problem exists and has done nothing to rectify it. Chevrolet is putting the lives of Americans and their families at risk. Chevrolet is another example of how big corporations take advantage of consumers in America.

- Uwanna V., Union City, GA, US

Jan 102020

Equinox LT 3.6L

Was driving in a Rain storm of course, wipers stooped working in mid swing had to drive at dark in pouring down rain to get back home.

- Tom D., Montpelier, IA, US

Jun 042019

Equinox LX

Twice the bushing has broken and the wipers have come away from the transmission. This happened in a snowstorm the first time in Jan 2019 and then again in a rainstorm in June 2019. When I turned the wipers on they flew to one side of the windshield and just stopped working. This is a serious safety issue. That is about to cost me over $300 Again. I can't believe Chevrolet doesn't know this is a problem. I've had cars before that I drove for 200,000 miles and I've never even heard of such a problem.

- squisheymomma, Middletown, US

Mar 232019

Equinox LT 3.2L

GM needs to issue a recall for this significant safety issue that is plaguing multiple model years!

- Thomas M., Shrewsbury, MA, US

Mar 012019

Equinox

Wipers suddenly stopped working in the middle of a rain storm at night.

- Kimberly C., Roanoke, US

Jan 242019

Equinox LT 2.2L Ecotec

click to see larger images

wiper transmission broke wiper transmission broke

My 20 year old daughter just bought this Equinox with only 54k on it and the wiper transmission fell apart! Are you kidding me?! She’s had it 9 days! I figured it was a fuse! Ha! They want $400 to fix it! Why are the Canadian 2015’s covered under a recall but hers isn’t!!

Come on GM! Are you too worried about sending jobs out of our country?!

- Kris S., Beloit, US