- December 12: GM Air Conditioning Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 1 days ago
- November 16: GM Recalls Chevy Silverado 3500 and GMC Sierra 3500 recalls | 27 days ago
- October 30: GM Recalls GMC Canyon, Chevy Colorado and Chevy Volt recalls | 44 days ago
2006 Chevrolet Equinox
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Equinox is plagued by a heating problem, as in the heater only blows cold air.
The reported cause of this problem is a small door, known as the air temperature blend door, which allows air to flow past the heater core. This door has a plastic connecting shaft to an electric motor and the shaft is prone to breaking after a few years. The problem has a typical repair cost of over $800.
The 2006 Equinox also has a number of reported problems ranging from the key getting stuck in the ignition, to failing speed sensors, and trouble starting the engine. All in all, this car sounds like one worth avoiding.
Worst 2006 Equinox Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- AC / heater problems192NHTSA complaints: 4
- engine problems74NHTSA complaints: 107
- interior accessories problems68NHTSA complaints: 30
- brakes problems34NHTSA complaints: 80
- electrical problems19NHTSA complaints: 132
- windows / windshield problems19NHTSA complaints: 89
- body / paint problems18NHTSA complaints: 18
- cooling system problems12NHTSA complaints: 16
- drivetrain problems12NHTSA complaints: 23
- wheels / hubs problems10NHTSA complaints: 7
- fuel system problems8NHTSA complaints: 18
- lights problems7NHTSA complaints: 11
- transmission problems5NHTSA complaints: 9
- steering problems4NHTSA complaints: 26
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 23
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 12
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 189
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 37
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Equinox Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Equinox compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Equinox overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Equinox.