- November 6: General Motors Windshield Wiper Recall Investigated investigations | 11 days ago
- October 17: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Sierra Over Fire Dangers recalls | 31 days ago
- October 16: GM Recalls Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles Over Child Seat Issues recalls | 32 days ago
- October 10: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Failures Lead to Lawsuit news | 38 days ago
- September 15: GM Recalls Vehicles 2nd Time For Loose Brake Pedals recalls | 63 days ago
Heat Blows Out Cold Air
2006 Chevrolet Equinox (Page 1 of 6)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Equinox is plagued by a heating problem, as in the heater only blows cold air.
The reported cause of this problem is a small door, known as the air temperature blend door, which allows air to flow past the heater core. This door has a plastic connecting shaft to an electric motor and the shaft is prone to breaking after a few years. The problem has a typical repair cost of over $800.
The 2006 Equinox also has a number of reported problems ranging from the key getting stuck in the ignition, to failing speed sensors, and trouble starting the engine. All in all, this car sounds like one worth avoiding.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 78,700 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 120 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- have GM recall part (41 reports)
- not sure (32 reports)
- replace the broken blend door (19 reports)
- fix door in vent system (12 reports)
- had problem fixed (6 reports)
- replace heater core (5 reports)
AC / heater problem