- March 20: GMC Sierra 3500 and Chevy Silverado 3500 Trucks Recalled recalls | 6 days ago
- March 13: GM Recalls Chevy and Cadillac Vehicles For Power Steering Problems recalls | 13 days ago
- February 16: Chevrolet Malibu Recall Issued After Airbag Inflator Ruptured recalls | 38 days ago
- February 10: Electric Car Range Decreases in Cold Temps news | 44 days ago
- January 7: GM Class-Action Lawsuit Targets CP4 Fuel Pumps news | 78 days ago
Heat Blows Out Cold Air
2006 Chevrolet Equinox (Page 1 of 7)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Equinox is plagued by a heating problem, as in the heater only blows cold air.
The reported cause of this problem is a small door, known as the air temperature blend door, which allows air to flow past the heater core. This door has a plastic connecting shaft to an electric motor and the shaft is prone to breaking after a few years. The problem has a typical repair cost of over $800.
The 2006 Equinox also has a number of reported problems ranging from the key getting stuck in the ignition, to failing speed sensors, and trouble starting the engine. All in all, this car sounds like one worth avoiding.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 79,400 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 121 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- have GM recall part (41 reports)
- not sure (33 reports)
- replace the broken blend door (19 reports)
- fix door in vent system (12 reports)
- had problem fixed (6 reports)
- replace heater core (5 reports)
AC / heater problem