- March 15: Chevy and GMC Air Conditioning Problems Target of Lawsuit news | 3 days ago
- March 8: GM Will Pay Certain Arizona Customers 6.28 Million news | 10 days ago
- February 27: Chevy Equinox Oil Consumption Lawsuit Targets 2010-2017 Models news | 19 days ago
- February 21: Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Overheating Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 25 days ago
- February 20: GM Duramax Lawsuit Continues For Silverado and Sierra Owners news | 26 days ago
Heat Blows Out Cold Air
2006 Chevrolet Equinox (Page 1 of 6)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Equinox is plagued by a heating problem, as in the heater only blows cold air.
The reported cause of this problem is a small door, known as the air temperature blend door, which allows air to flow past the heater core. This door has a plastic connecting shaft to an electric motor and the shaft is prone to breaking after a few years. The problem has a typical repair cost of over $800.
The 2006 Equinox also has a number of reported problems ranging from the key getting stuck in the ignition, to failing speed sensors, and trouble starting the engine. All in all, this car sounds like one worth avoiding.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 78,700 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 120 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- have GM recall part (41 reports)
- not sure (32 reports)
- replace the broken blend door (19 reports)
- fix door in vent system (12 reports)
- had problem fixed (6 reports)
- replace heater core (5 reports)
AC / heater problem