- February 21: Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Overheating Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 0 days ago
- February 20: GM Duramax Lawsuit Continues For Silverado and Sierra Owners news | 1 days ago
- February 19: GM Cracked Dash Lawsuit Includes SUVs and Trucks news | 2 days ago
- February 8: GM Wants Out of Recall of 6.8 Million Trucks and SUVs news | 13 days ago
- February 7: General Motors C/K Truck Fire Lawsuit Partially Dismissed news | 14 days ago
2006 Chevrolet Equinox
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Equinox is plagued by a heating problem, as in the heater only blows cold air.
The reported cause of this problem is a small door, known as the air temperature blend door, which allows air to flow past the heater core. This door has a plastic connecting shaft to an electric motor and the shaft is prone to breaking after a few years. The problem has a typical repair cost of over $800.
The 2006 Equinox also has a number of reported problems ranging from the key getting stuck in the ignition, to failing speed sensors, and trouble starting the engine. All in all, this car sounds like one worth avoiding.