- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 1 days ago
- November 27: GM CP4 Lawsuit Alleges Fuel Pumps 'Explode' news | 15 days ago
- November 23: GM Hard Brake Pedals and Vacuum Pumps Investigated investigations | 19 days ago
- November 6: General Motors Windshield Wiper Recall Investigated investigations | 36 days ago
- October 17: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Sierra Over Fire Dangers recalls | 56 days ago
2006 Chevrolet Equinox
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Equinox is plagued by a heating problem, as in the heater only blows cold air.
The reported cause of this problem is a small door, known as the air temperature blend door, which allows air to flow past the heater core. This door has a plastic connecting shaft to an electric motor and the shaft is prone to breaking after a few years. The problem has a typical repair cost of over $800.
The 2006 Equinox also has a number of reported problems ranging from the key getting stuck in the ignition, to failing speed sensors, and trouble starting the engine. All in all, this car sounds like one worth avoiding.