- September 15: GM Recalls Vehicles 2nd Time For Loose Brake Pedals recalls | 7 days ago
- September 14: Chevy Equinox Ecotec Engine Lawsuit Filed Over Oil Consumption news | 8 days ago
- September 13: GM Recalls 1 Million Trucks and SUVs For Power Steering Problems recalls | 9 days ago
- September 12: GM Recalls 230,000 Vehicles For Brake Caliper Pistons recalls | 10 days ago
- September 8: GM Side Blind Zone Alert Lawsuit Argued in Court news | 14 days ago
2006 Chevrolet Equinox
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Equinox is plagued by a heating problem, as in the heater only blows cold air.
The reported cause of this problem is a small door, known as the air temperature blend door, which allows air to flow past the heater core. This door has a plastic connecting shaft to an electric motor and the shaft is prone to breaking after a few years. The problem has a typical repair cost of over $800.
The 2006 Equinox also has a number of reported problems ranging from the key getting stuck in the ignition, to failing speed sensors, and trouble starting the engine. All in all, this car sounds like one worth avoiding.