- June 21: Recall: 2013 Chevrolet Volt Has Voltage Problems recalls | 2 days ago
- June 20: 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Recalled Over Airbag Failures recalls | 3 days ago
- June 19: GM Recalls Vehicles With Fuel Pumps That Can Leak recalls | 4 days ago
- June 14: Chevrolet Sonic Recalled to Replace Seatbacks recalls | 9 days ago
- May 27: Recall: Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2500 and 3500 recalls | 27 days ago
2006 Chevrolet Equinox
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Equinox is plagued by a heating problem, as in the heater only blows cold air.
The reported cause of this problem is a small door, known as the air temperature blend door, which allows air to flow past the heater core. This door has a plastic connecting shaft to an electric motor and the shaft is prone to breaking after a few years. The problem has a typical repair cost of over $800.
The 2006 Equinox also has a number of reported problems ranging from the key getting stuck in the ignition, to failing speed sensors, and trouble starting the engine. All in all, this car sounds like one worth avoiding.