- December 10: GM Fuel Pump Recall Ordered To Prevent Fires recalls | 2 days ago
- December 9: Chevrolet SS Power Steering Recall Issued a 2nd Time recalls | 3 days ago
- November 21: GM Seat Belt Pretensioner Fires Cause Truck Recall recalls | 21 days ago
- November 18: Chevrolet Equinox SUVs Recalled For Brake Caliper Problems recalls | 24 days ago
- November 10: GM Oil Consumption Settlement Finalized news | 32 days ago
2006 Chevrolet Equinox
AC / Heater Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Equinox is plagued by a heating problem, as in the heater only blows cold air.
The reported cause of this problem is a small door, known as the air temperature blend door, which allows air to flow past the heater core. This door has a plastic connecting shaft to an electric motor and the shaft is prone to breaking after a few years. The problem has a typical repair cost of over $800.
The 2006 Equinox also has a number of reported problems ranging from the key getting stuck in the ignition, to failing speed sensors, and trouble starting the engine. All in all, this car sounds like one worth avoiding.
2006 Chevrolet Equinox AC / Heater Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Heat Blows Out Cold Air121
- Blend Door Broken28
- A/C Blows Hot Air14
- Heater And Defrost Stopped Working14
- Heat And A/C Work Intermittantly7
- Blower Stopped Working4
- Cracked Heater Core4
- Air Conditioner Blows Ice2
- Heat Quit Working2
- AC Cycles On & Off1
- NHTSA: Equipment: Air Conditioner2
- NHTSA: Equipment: Electrical: Air Conditioner2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Equinox Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Equinox compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Equinox overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Equinox.