- January 10: GM 5.3L Oil Consumption Lawsuit Affects Vortec Engines news | 16 days ago
- January 5: GM Transmission Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 21 days ago
- January 2: Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles Recalled For Seat Belts recalls | 24 days ago
- January 1: Chevy Bolt Recall: Brake Calipers May Break recalls | 25 days ago
- December 25: Chevy Shake Lawsuit Dismissed in Florida Court news | 32 days ago
Blend Door Broken
2006 Chevrolet Equinox (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Equinox is plagued by a heating problem, as in the heater only blows cold air.
The reported cause of this problem is a small door, known as the air temperature blend door, which allows air to flow past the heater core. This door has a plastic connecting shaft to an electric motor and the shaft is prone to breaking after a few years. The problem has a typical repair cost of over $800.
The 2006 Equinox also has a number of reported problems ranging from the key getting stuck in the ignition, to failing speed sensors, and trouble starting the engine. All in all, this car sounds like one worth avoiding.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 103,100 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 28 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- dash needs to be ripped out so blend door can be replaced (19 reports)
- have GM recall part (6 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)
- replace blower motor, resistor, wiring harness (1 reports)
- replace temperature blend door control (1 reports)
AC / heater problem