- December 13: GM Recalls Buick Encore, Chevy Spark, Traverse and Trax recalls | 2 days ago
- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 4 days ago
- November 27: GM CP4 Lawsuit Alleges Fuel Pumps 'Explode' news | 18 days ago
- November 23: GM Hard Brake Pedals and Vacuum Pumps Investigated investigations | 22 days ago
- November 6: General Motors Windshield Wiper Recall Investigated investigations | 39 days ago
Chevrolet Recall : FMVSS 403/Anti-Stow Interlock/Ricon
2001 Chevrolet Express
A lift occupant can be injured should the lift begin to stow unintentionally.
- Rifled air conditioning (rac) is recalling 6 MY 2001 Chevrolet Express private Transport, MY 2005 thomas built FS65, MY 2006-2007 monitour bus, and MY 2007 C-2 school bus vehicles built on freightliner, and GM chassis and equipped with ricon platform style wheelchair lifts. These lifts fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 403, "platform lift system accessible for motor vehicles." The anti-stow interlock may not detect the presence of a wheelchair or mobility aid user. The pressure sensing switch that detects the presence of weight on the platform was not adjusted to the necessary sensitivity level. The lift could stow even though someone or something is still on the lift.
- Rac is working with ricon to correct the wheelchair lifts free of charge (please see 07E097). Owners may contact ricon at 1-818-267-3000 or rac at 1-800-627-1707.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.