- June 25: GM Takata Petition Says No Airbag Recall Is Necessary news | 26 days ago
- June 21: GM Hard Brake Pedals Investigated in Canada and U.S. investigations | 30 days ago
- June 20: GM 8-Speed Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 31 days ago
- June 19: GM Truck Transmission Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 32 days ago
- June 19: Chevy Shake Class Action Lawsuit Is 'Overreach,' Argues GM news | 32 days ago
Chevrolet Recall : FMVSS 403/Anti-Stow Interlock/Ricon
2006 Chevrolet Express
A lift occupant can be injured should the lift begin to stow unintentionally.
- Quality van sales is recalling 18 MY 2005-2007 Ford E-250, MY 2006 Ford E-350 and Chevrolet Express vans equipped with ricon platform style wheelchair lifts. These lifts fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 403, "platform lift systems for motor vehicles." The anti-stow interlock may not detect the presence of a wheelchair or mobility aid user. The pressure sensing switch that detects the presence of weight on the platform was not adjusted to the necessary sensitivity level. The lift could stow even though someone or something is still on the lift.
- Quality van sales is working with ricon to correct the wheelchair lifts free of charge (please see 07E095). Owners may contact ricon at 1-818-267-3000 or quality van sales at 1-800-408-8550.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.