- February 16: Chevrolet Malibu Recall Issued After Airbag Inflator Ruptured recalls | 5 days ago
- February 10: Electric Car Range Decreases in Cold Temps news | 11 days ago
- January 7: GM Class-Action Lawsuit Targets CP4 Fuel Pumps news | 45 days ago
- December 24: GM 8-Speed Transmission Fix Useless, Claims Lawsuit news | 59 days ago
- December 19: Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 Recalled recalls | 64 days ago
Chevrolet Recall : FMVSS 403/Anti-Stow Interlock/Ricon
2006 Chevrolet Express
A lift occupant can be injured should the lift begin to stow unintentionally.
- Cummings is recalling 42 MY 2006-2008 Ford E150, E350, Chevrolet Express, MY 2006 Ford E250, GMC savanna, Dodge sprinter conversion vans, and MY 2007 newmar dutchstar motor homes equipped with ricon platform style wheelchair lifts. These lifts fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 403, "platform lift systems for motor vehicles." The anti-stow interlock may not detect the presence of a wheelchair or mobility aid user. The pressure sensing switch that detects the presence of weight on the platform was not adjusted to the necessary sensitivity level. The lift could stow even though someone or something is still on the lift.
- Cummings is working with ricon to correct the wheelchair lifts free of charge (please see 07E097). Owners may contact ricon at 1-818-267-3000 or cummings at 1-763-498-7887.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.