- July 16: GM Recalls 2016-2018 Chevrolet Malibus For Airbag Failures recalls | 0 days ago
- July 4: GMC Terrain and Chevrolet Equinox Oil Consumption Lawsuit news | 12 days ago
- June 21: Recall: 2013 Chevrolet Volt Has Voltage Problems recalls | 25 days ago
- June 20: 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Recalled Over Airbag Failures recalls | 26 days ago
- June 19: GM Recalls Vehicles With Fuel Pumps That Can Leak recalls | 27 days ago
Chevrolet Recall : FMVSS 403/Anti-Stow Interlock/Ricon
2006 Chevrolet Express
A lift occupant can be injured should the lift begin to stow unintentionally.
- Mobility is recalling 43 MY 2005-2006 Ford E-series and Chevrolet Express vans equipped with ricon platform style wheelchair lifts. These lifts fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 403, "platform lift system accessible for motor vehicles." The anti-stow interlock may not detect the presence of a wheelchair or mobility aid user. The pressure sensing switch that detects the presence of weight on the platform was not adjusted to the necessary sensitivity level. The lift could stow even though someone or something is still on the lift.
- Mobility is working with ricon to correct the wheelchair lifts free of charge (please see 07E097). Owners may contact ricon at 1-818-267-3000 or mobility at 714-674-0480.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.