- April 16: Chevrolet Equinox Oil Consumption Issues Debated In Court news | 9 days ago
- April 13: Chevy Bolt Propulsion Power Reduced Due to Battery Cells: GM news | 12 days ago
- April 7: 'Vehicle Services Department' of Plano, Texas, Sued by Minnesota news | 18 days ago
- March 26: Injured Cop Sues Dealership For Not Reporting Stolen SUV news | 30 days ago
- March 15: Chevy and GMC Air Conditioning Problems Target of Lawsuit news | 41 days ago
Chevrolet Recall : FMVSS 403/Anti-Stow Interlock/Ricon
2007 Chevrolet Express
A lift occupant can be injured should the lift begin to stow unintentionally.
- Cummings is recalling 42 MY 2006-2008 Ford E150, E350, Chevrolet Express, MY 2006 Ford E250, GMC savanna, Dodge sprinter conversion vans, and MY 2007 newmar dutchstar motor homes equipped with ricon platform style wheelchair lifts. These lifts fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 403, "platform lift systems for motor vehicles." The anti-stow interlock may not detect the presence of a wheelchair or mobility aid user. The pressure sensing switch that detects the presence of weight on the platform was not adjusted to the necessary sensitivity level. The lift could stow even though someone or something is still on the lift.
- Cummings is working with ricon to correct the wheelchair lifts free of charge (please see 07E097). Owners may contact ricon at 1-818-267-3000 or cummings at 1-763-498-7887.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.