- July 16: GM Recalls 2016-2018 Chevrolet Malibus For Airbag Failures recalls | 7 days ago
- July 4: GMC Terrain and Chevrolet Equinox Oil Consumption Lawsuit news | 19 days ago
- June 21: Recall: 2013 Chevrolet Volt Has Voltage Problems recalls | 32 days ago
- June 20: 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Recalled Over Airbag Failures recalls | 33 days ago
- June 19: GM Recalls Vehicles With Fuel Pumps That Can Leak recalls | 34 days ago
Chevrolet Recall : Wheelchair Lifts/Up Button
2008 Chevrolet Express
When the platform overruns the vehicle floor level and stops at an angle from 15-20 degrees, it is possible for a person in a wheelchair to tip over and for someone standing on the platform to fall, possibly resulting in injuries.
- Main mobility is recalling certain model year 2008 and 2009 conversion vans built on Chevrolet Express and GMC savana chassis from October 2007 through May 2010 and fitted with certain ricon S series and K series L-model wheelchair lifts. Due to a problem in the software that controls the lift's "up" function, should the "up" button be released before the floor level limit switch is activated, the lift may continue its upward travel and may overrun the floor level cut off point.
- Main mobility will notify owners and the repairs will be performed by authorized ricon dealers free of charge. A software solution for this safety defect is under investigation. Until the software solution is available, ricon will provide owners with a bulletin outlining proper wheelchair lift operation and will ship owners a dvd-based training aid to promote proper lift operation at no cost. The safety recall began on May 27, 2010. Owners may contact ricon at 1-818-267-3000 or main mobility at 1-716-759-6811.
Click a tab for more information.