- December 30: Chevy Shake Class Action Says Driveshaft Is The Problem news | 27 days ago
- December 20: Chevy Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 Recalled After Fire recalls | 37 days ago
- December 19: Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Cadillac CT6 and GMC Sierra 1500 Recalled recalls | 38 days ago
- December 17: GM Windshield Wiper Recall Investigation: 1,900 Complaints investigations | 40 days ago
- December 10: GM Fuel Pump Recall Ordered To Prevent Fires recalls | 47 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 18299: Climate Control Module Wiring Short Cauisng Fire
2018 Chevrolet Express
If the CCM overheats, there is an increased risk of a fire in the vehicle's headliner.
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2016-2018 Chevrolet Express and GMC Sierra vehicles equipped with a single, manual, rear climate control module (CCM). If the temperature is set to maximum heat or the mode knob is set to maximum floor vent and an electrical short occurs, components within the CCM may overheat.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will remove the electrical insulation from a wiring connector within the CCM to remove the fire risk, free of charge. The recall began November 6, 2018. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020 or GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8782. GM's number for this recall is 18299.
Click a tab for more information.