- September 15: GM Recalls Vehicles 2nd Time For Loose Brake Pedals recalls | 6 days ago
- September 14: Chevy Equinox Ecotec Engine Lawsuit Filed Over Oil Consumption news | 7 days ago
- September 13: GM Recalls 1 Million Trucks and SUVs For Power Steering Problems recalls | 8 days ago
- September 12: GM Recalls 230,000 Vehicles For Brake Caliper Pistons recalls | 9 days ago
- September 8: GM Side Blind Zone Alert Lawsuit Argued in Court news | 13 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 05051: Loss Of Steering And Braking System
2003 Chevrolet Kodiak
If there is sufficient amount of fluid loss, the driver will hear a noise from the power steering pump, the brake warning light and warning tone will activate. Increased effort may be required for steering and braking, increasing the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Fluid
- Certain 2003-2005 model year 4500/5500 series Chevrolet Kodiak, school bus chassis, and GMC topkick vehicles; and 2003-2004 model year GMC school bus chassis vehicles equipped with an 8.1L engine and hydromax brake system. The power steering hose may come into contact with a portion of the intermediate steering shaft. A hole could be worn in the hose and a loss of hydraulic fluid would occur.
- GM will notify its customers and dealers will reroute the power steering hose. If the steel braiding of the hose is exposed, dealers are to replace the hose free of charge. The recall began on July 12, 2005. Owners may contact Chevrolet at 800-630-2438 or GMC at 866-996-9463.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.