3.1

1998 Chevrolet Lumina miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chevrolet Lumina:

1998 Chevrolet Lumina Owner Comments

Nov 122018

Lumina

I was forced to drive this company vehicle by new transportation manager, even though I had another company vehicle assigned to me to drive. From 11/9/2018 to 11/13/2018 I worked overtime plus my regular week of work. It was the first time using the heater in this vehicle and I was working long hours with the heater on because the weather had changed. On 11/11/2018 at about 0600, I started having a headache and my throat was irritated but I went home at 0800 and came back to work overtime plus my regular shift on the same day at 2000. My headache had intensified and I took aleve for it and drank milk for my irritated throat and wen home at the end of my shift at 0800 on 11/13/2018. I worked the rest of the week but my headaches continued and on 11/19/2018, I asked the mechanic to smell the cabin of my vehicle and after smelling it, he told me to park it and report it to my manager because it had an exhaust leak. On 11/26/2018, I went to the hospital and the doctor placed me on modified duty unless I was not provided a different vehicle to drive and then I would considered temporarily fully disabled until 12/14/2018. On 11/28/2018, my manager told me I was going to be driving the dirty vehicle after I had asked for another vehicle. I had my supervisor smell the cabin and he gave me his truck to drive and I drove it for 2 days. On 11/30/2018, my supervisor told me that our manager had cleared the dirty vehicle and I had to go back to driving it but I went home fully disabled instead. On 12/4/2018, I was forced back into work and I drove my managers truck. On 12/5/2018, I drove the dirty vehicle to the fire station and it tested positive for an exhaust leak with carbon monoxide in the cabin. I had my 2 days off and on 11/8 and 11/9/2018, I have been staying at the office because they're forcing me to drive the dirty vehicle again and I can't go out to work.

- Pleasant Hill, CA, USA

Jun 272000

Lumina

Engine check light kept coming on. Took vehicle to dealer 12 times, and replaced one fuel injector. Did not remedy problem. Dealer then replaced all fuel injectors. Dealer also replaced fuel pump, fuel filter, and fuel tank, possible engine problem.

- Candor, NY, USA

Sep 272000

Lumina

No summary listed for above vehicle.

- Nashville, TN, USA

Jan 141998

Lumina

When driving at any speed the dash lights are illuminated, the check engine light comes on, and the vehicle cuts off without no prior warning. Consumer has contacted the dealer.

- Chana, IL, USA