- December 4: GM Recalls Chevrolet Silverado 4500, 5500 and 6500 HD Trucks recalls | 1 days ago
- November 11: GM Daytime Running Lights Recall Affects 338,000 Vehicles recalls | 24 days ago
- October 31: GM, Hyundai and Kia Sued Over Exploding ARC Airbag Inflators news | 35 days ago
- October 3: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Alleges Vortec Engines Are Faulty news | 63 days ago
- September 20: GM Lawsuit Alleges Chevy Silverado Roof is Dangerous news | 76 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 16079: Side Air Bag Fabric May Tear During Deployment
2016 Chevrolet Malibu
If the air bag tears during deployment, the air bag may not perform as designed, increasing the risk of injury in the event of a crash.
Air Bags — Side/Window
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2016 Chevrolet Malibu vehicles manufactured November 18, 2015, to June 7, 2016. The fabric of the side-impact air bag cushion may tear during deployment.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and, as necessary, replace the air bag module, free of charge. The recall began October 27, 2016. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 16079.
- Documents (11)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: October 26, 2016 Subject: 16079 - Safety Recall
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N16205494 Release Date: October 2016
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-3
Click a tab for more information.