- August 13: GM Air Conditioning Class-Action Lawsuit Claims Systems Fail news | 2 days ago
- August 4: GM Diesel Lawsuit Continues Over Duramax Emissions news | 11 days ago
- July 25: General Motors Takata Airbag Recall Needed: Safety Group news | 21 days ago
- July 16: GM Recalls 2016-2018 Chevrolet Malibus For Airbag Failures recalls | 30 days ago
- July 4: GMC Terrain and Chevrolet Equinox Oil Consumption Lawsuit news | 42 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 16079: Side Air Bag Fabric May Tear During Deployment
2016 Chevrolet Malibu
If the air bag tears during deployment, the air bag may not perform as designed, increasing the risk of injury in the event of a crash.
Air Bags — Side/Window
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2016 Chevrolet Malibu vehicles manufactured November 18, 2015, to June 7, 2016. The fabric of the side-impact air bag cushion may tear during deployment.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and, as necessary, replace the air bag module, free of charge. The recall began October 27, 2016. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 16079.
- Documents (11)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: October 26, 2016 Subject: 16079 - Safety Recall
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N16205494 Release Date: October 2016
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-3
Click a tab for more information.