- February 19: GM Fuse Block Lawsuit Says Loose Terminals Cause Problems news | 5 days ago
- February 17: Owning An Electric Car Is More Expensive Than a Gas-Powered Vehicle news | 7 days ago
- February 7: Chevy Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 Trucks Recalled, Again recalls | 17 days ago
- December 30: Chevy Shake Class Action Says Driveshaft Is The Problem news | 56 days ago
- December 20: Chevy Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 Recalled After Fire recalls | 66 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 16079: Side Air Bag Fabric May Tear During Deployment
2016 Chevrolet Malibu
If the air bag tears during deployment, the air bag may not perform as designed, increasing the risk of injury in the event of a crash.
Air Bags — Side/Window
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2016 Chevrolet Malibu vehicles manufactured November 18, 2015, to June 7, 2016. The fabric of the side-impact air bag cushion may tear during deployment.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and, as necessary, replace the air bag module, free of charge. The recall began October 27, 2016. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 16079.
- Documents (11)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: October 26, 2016 Subject: 16079 - Safety Recall
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N16205494 Release Date: October 2016
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-3
Click a tab for more information.